From: rmo555 on
On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:40:35 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:03:53 -0500:
>
>> What is the "Eudora-Win" mailing list?
>
>Join it and see!
>
>A mailing list, as its name implies,
>circulates questions and responses via email,
>without the use of "news servers"
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list
>
>Such mailing lists may have no on-line archives,
>or may not have searchable archives,
>at least none which Google archives and searches for itself.
>
>The "Eudora-Win" mailing list,
>and others maintained by the same group of "listmoms"
>may have been created by one particular "listmom"
>who also happens to sell software for managing mailing lists
>(and automatically handling bounces, etc.)
>
>They are on Twitter, too, like everybody :)
>http://twitter.com/Listmoms

Thanks, John. BTW, I'm on Facebook but not Twitter. I'm just not that
into Facebook and I'm assuming Twitter is similar.
From: John H Meyers on
The "Listmoms" mailing lists (including "Eudora-Win")
use Facebook and Twitter only to announce system status,
in case the mailing list's own servers are down:

http://www.listmoms.net/lists/Emergency.html

You have to join the mailing list to receive the postings,
or to make your own, and you have to use a real mail address,
which everyone will see if you make a post.

All links for the mailing lists are on the above page.

From: rmo555 on
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:00:27 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>The "Listmoms" mailing lists (including "Eudora-Win")
>use Facebook and Twitter only to announce system status,
>in case the mailing list's own servers are down:
>
>http://www.listmoms.net/lists/Emergency.html
>
>You have to join the mailing list to receive the postings,
>or to make your own, and you have to use a real mail address,
>which everyone will see if you make a post.
>
>All links for the mailing lists are on the above page.

Thanks again!!!!