From: Fred on
I set up a 2nd verizon account and get the following error message when
trying to send email from it. Any ideas how to get it straightened out?

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sample(a)verizon.net'.
Subject 'Email Test', Account: 'sample(a)verizon.net', Server:
'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
Authentication is required to send mail as <xts738xg(a)verizon.net>', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

(Note that I changed the email addresses in the above, but the error message
is otherwise unchanged.)

Thanks in advance.

Fred

From: mac on

"Fred" <testing(a)testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
>I set up a 2nd verizon account and get the following error message when
> trying to send email from it. Any ideas how to get it straightened out?
>
> The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
> e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sample(a)verizon.net'.
> Subject 'Email Test', Account: 'sample(a)verizon.net', Server:
> 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
> Authentication is required to send mail as <xts738xg(a)verizon.net>', Port:
> 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
>
> (Note that I changed the email addresses in the above, but the error
> message
> is otherwise unchanged.)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Fred

Check the address that you entered as 'reply to' in
OE>tools>accounts>act'>properties>general.
HTH?

From: Fred on
Thanks, Skip.

I just now tried that and still failing...

Tools>Accounts>Mail tab >selected account>Property>Server tab>Settings>
Check "Log on using", entered xts738xg(a)verizon.net and the master account
password.

Then when sending email, a dialog box comes up asking for the password. I
enter the master password and it fails.

From: Fred on
" mac" <macknever(a)fsmail.net> wrote in message

> "Fred" <testing(a)testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> >I set up a 2nd verizon account and get the following error message when
> > trying to send email from it. Any ideas how to get it straightened out?
> >
> > The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
> > e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'sample(a)verizon.net'.
> > Subject 'Email Test', Account: 'sample(a)verizon.net', Server:
> > 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
> > Authentication is required to send mail as <xts738xg(a)verizon.net>',
Port:
> > 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
> >
> > (Note that I changed the email addresses in the above, but the error
> > message
> > is otherwise unchanged.)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Fred
>
> Check the address that you entered as 'reply to' in
> OE>tools>accounts>act'>properties>general.
> HTH?

Thanks. It appears to be set correctly.

From: Bruce Hagen on