From: Anurag Varma on

This should be ORACLE_HOME related.
Try setting the correct ORACLE_HOME by typing
export ORACLE_HOME=.....

Maybe there is a bad character at the end of current ORACLE_HOME
definition...?

Anurag

From: Thanos on

On my server there is only one instance of Oracle Database 10.
Installation path is /opt/oracle/orcldb
$ORACLE_HOME/bin is correctly set and tnsping is in that directory.
if i try 'which tnsping' i get /opt/oracle/orcldb/bin/tnsping.

All functions of database works (emctl, sqlplus, etc...)! But messages are
not displayed correctly !!

:-)

From: HansF on
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:22:52 +0200, Thanos interested us by writing:

> On my server there is only one instance of Oracle Database 10.
> Installation path is /opt/oracle/orcldb
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin is correctly set and tnsping is in that directory.
> if i try 'which tnsping' i get /opt/oracle/orcldb/bin/tnsping.
>
> All functions of database works (emctl, sqlplus, etc...)! But messages are
> not displayed correctly !!
>
> :-)

If none of the messages display the way they are supposed to, then I
suspect you have a messed up installation. It ain't working the way it's
supposed to work. Probably time to reinstall. (And not just copy from
the previous installation.)

BTW ... read the final line of my sig. Bye ...

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com