From: Wei Lu [MSFT] on
Hello Henry,

The CLSID GUID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1} is for IIS WAMREG
admin Service. Please go to the dcom configuration to grant the local
Actication permission for the Nerwork Service account.

1. In Start Menu, click RUN, type "dcomcnfg" (without quote) and click OK.

2. In the prompt dialogbox, click Component Servies -> Computers -> My
Computer -> DCOM config, find IIS WAMREG admin Service and right click the
Properties. In the Security Tab, check Customize and then click Edit in the
Launch and Activation Permissions section. Add Network Service and grant
the Local Launch and Local Activation permission. Click OK.

3. Restart IIS.

After that, please let me know whether you still get this error in the
event log and how about the memory usage of the OWSTIMER.EXE.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

From: Henry99 on
Hi Wei Lu,

OWSTIMER is stable running around 80 MB of mem usage.
COM Error disappeared, thanks to your last hint.

The problem with the SSO error in SP Backup I solved on my own (the brute
way) as following:
I created an empty Database in SQL Server with the name 'SSO'

I know, that is not the gentle way, but at least the SharePoint backup runs
now.

Thanks a lot, not even one error message in any event log.

Best Regards, Henry

From: callahan on
That's actually pretty clever. Thanks for that tip Henry. I have a client
who just mentioned that problem.

-callahan

From: Wei Lu [MSFT] on
Hello Henry,

My pleasure. If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.