From: Hilarity Ensues on
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:44:52 -0800, floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson)
wrote:

>And do note that later today I'll post an extensive analysis
>of each, showing exactly what can be understood from them.

Oh, this is going to be good. Let me go get some popcorn, and a milkshake.
So when I laugh real hard the milkshake will come streaming out of my nose.

From: Porte Rouge on
On Oct 8, 3:04 pm Floyd L. Davidson wrote

"which is ridiculous!"

It is. My apologies. I miss aligned the thread and saw the other link.
Also, I could not see that all the messages in the thread were being
forwarded. Google Groups hides them in the posts.

Porte

From: Charles on

A link for your enjoyment.

http://www.rags-int-inc.com/PhotoTechStuff/ETTR/

From: John McWilliams on
Kyle D. wrote:

> (To enlighten the ignorant: There is zero difference in the amount of noise
> in a 2 minute exposure in low light and a 1/2000s exposure in bright light.
> Photons are photons. If you collect enough to get over the base
> noise-threshold then all those parts of the image that are properly exposed
> will be noise-free in any image, no matter the initial light levels.)

Bzzzzt!
Flat out wrong.

--
lsmft
From: Wilba on
Paul Furman wrote:

> An interesting related issue I don't understand is how the exposure slider
> works in Lightroom or ACR. I don't know how to duplicate that effect in
> photoshop with curves, levels, etc. Those all do like you describe, moving
> the middle parts of the histogram but there isn't an easy way I can see to
> shift the whole exposure. Hmm, the middle slider on levels comes close but
> still doesn't match the effect.

Image | Adjustments | Exposure... ?