From: Porte Rouge on

> So you take a wild guess at 1 or 2 stops more!  Even
> with film and no histograms most accomplished
> photographers attempted to get within 1/2 a stop.
> Today, with digital and histograms, it is entirely
> possible to be within 1/3rd of a stop.

Floyd, baby, chill out. "Wild guess" is over the top. I'm a slow
typer, I didn't go into a lot of detail about the metering. I do all
the stuff in your post here, meter, histogram, Photoshop, ACR (thanks
for the link to UFRAW by the way,that looks interesting) I was just
checking to see what other methods people used to correct their photos
in post processing.

From: Floyd L. Davidson on
Porte Rouge <porterougeman(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> So you take a wild guess at 1 or 2 stops more! �Even
>> with film and no histograms most accomplished
>> photographers attempted to get within 1/2 a stop.
>> Today, with digital and histograms, it is entirely
>> possible to be within 1/3rd of a stop.
>
>Floyd, baby, chill out. "Wild guess" is over the top. I'm a slow

It's a wild guess.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com
From: Bob Larter on
Porte Rouge wrote:
>> You are aware that ETTR is a two part process, part one
>> being boost the exposure to maximum possible, and part
>> two is to later reduce it to whatever it is that makes
>> your heart beat fast enough.
>>
>> You *have* to do both.
>>

> Yes, I understand. My question is, after ETTR what exactly do you
> yourself do in post processing. Do you adjust exposure, black point,
> or something else?

I adjust black point, which retains the highlights.

From: Porte Rouge on
On Oct 14, 11:56 pm, fl...(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
> Porte Rouge <porterouge...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> So you take a wild guess at 1 or 2 stops more!  Even
> >> with film and no histograms most accomplished
> >> photographers attempted to get within 1/2 a stop.
> >> Today, with digital and histograms, it is entirely
> >> possible to be within 1/3rd of a stop.
>
> >Floyd, baby, chill out. "Wild guess" is over the top. I'm a slow
>
> It's a wild guess.
>
> --
> Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
> Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              fl...(a)apaflo.com

Oh, well, that's too bad. I guess that's as far as we go, Floyd.
Thanks for answering my questions.

Porte