From: Johan Nel on
Steve,

Will not work, since Bill does not have a master-detail window, he is
only looking at the detail side and are basically looking at not
showing "orphaned" detail records in the view.

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.

From: Stephen Quinn on
Dave

> The model I have in my head says that _FIELD->EntryNum will be
> evaluated against the current work area, and will be evaluated before
> ogHold:seek is called, so who's to say what area happens to be
> selected then?
Your head model is incorrect<g>
Each DBServer has it's own defined workarea (held internally), look at the
SDK code for DBserver{} that's why you NEVER have to select( aWorkArea )
before using a dbserver.

> 2.8 speeded up DBServer access by NOT automatically restoring
> workareas after every every call (or something like that). Use
> DBSetRestoreWorkArea(TRUE) to mimic the old 2.5 behaviour.
I've never used 2.8, so my question
- is DBSetRestoreWorkArea() a method of the server or a compatability
function for people who mix Clipper & VO syntax??

CYA
Steve

From: Stephen Quinn on
Bill

To me your problem is using SELF and/or objects in codeblocks, that really
is a programming error IMO.
Eg
> self:oEntryDS:setFilter({ |ogHold| ogHold:seek( _FIELD->entrynum,
> rue ) }
should be
x := SELF:ogHold
self:oEntryDS:setFilter({ || x:seek( _FIELD->entrynum, true ) }

CYA
Steve

From: Stephen Quinn on
Bill

> self:oEntryDS:setSelectiveRelation( self:oKeyWordDS, "entrynum" )
Have you tried
self:oEntryDS:setSelectiveRelation( self:oKeyWordDS,
'_FIELD->entrynum' )

Have you moved on to another problem??
I thought from your previous posts you were referencing the ogHold server??

CYA
Steve

From: Stephen Quinn on
Johan

I believe he's trying to show details in a browser on a SubDataWindow (at
least thats what I gather from his naming syntax), if so then IMO a
relationship is a better option than using a filter.

CYA
Steve