From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:27:22 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> mjt wrote:
> > Interesting. FF is my #2 browser (after Chrome), so I don't necessarily
> > have to be on *the* latest release.
>
> So no FF 4.0 Beta for you then? ;-)
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/4.0_Windows_Theme_Mockups

How dare you show the mockups for Windows ... :)
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/4.0_Linux_Theme_Mockups

So, are you running FF 4.0b1 ?!?!

--
The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South

From: Dave Royal on
mjt wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:27:33 -0500
> Dave Royal <dave(a)dave123royal.com> wrote:
>
>> I just updated Fx from 3.6.5 to 3.6.6 from the repo
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0
>> using YaST 'Software Management'
>>
>> Fx now won't load
>
> Interesting. FF is my #2 browser (after Chrome),

I can't install Chrome on 11.0 - I forget why - dependency on
something-or-other-core.

> so I don't necessarily
> have to be on *the* latest release. I was at 3.5.9, which is the latest
> release in the standard openSUSE 11.2 repository. I knew I had the Mozilla
> repository configured, so I jumped to it and installed 3.6.6, and fired
> fired up FF (AMD 64bit system) - no issues this end.

I've been updating from the Moz repo for ages (11.0 shipped with
Fx3.0) and this is the first problem I've had. Ironically the upgrade
from 3.6.4 to 3.6.6 was completely unnecessary.

> Of course, you're running this on an openSUSE 11.0 install. I hope you
> know that 11.0's EOL (end of life) is June 30, 2010?
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Linux_Lifetime

Yes, I am aware of that. I'll perhaps take a look at 11.3 after it's
been out for some months. But it took me a year to get wifi
(knetworkmanager) to work acceptably in 11.0!

And I still have a laptop running 8.2, and a desktop
on 10.3. ;-)

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: Martin on
On 29/06/10 20:43, mjt wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 04:27:33 -0500
> Dave Royal <dave(a)dave123royal.com> wrote:
>
>> I just updated Fx from 3.6.5 to 3.6.6 from the repo
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0
>> using YaST 'Software Management'
>>
>> Fx now won't load
>
> Interesting. FF is my #2 browser (after Chrome), so I don't necessarily
> have to be on *the* latest release. I was at 3.5.9, which is the latest
> release in the standard openSUSE 11.2 repository. I knew I had the Mozilla
> repository configured, so I jumped to it and installed 3.6.6, and fired
> fired up FF (AMD 64bit system) - no issues this end.
>
> Of course, you're running this on an openSUSE 11.0 install. I hope you
> know that 11.0's EOL (end of life) is June 30, 2010?
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Linux_Lifetime
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-security-announce/2010-04/msg00005.html
> "Dear opensuse-security-announce subscribers and openSUSE users,
>
> SUSE Security announces that openSUSE 11.0 will be discontinued soon.
> Having provided security-relevant fixes for two years, we will stop
> releasing updates after June 30th 2010 (in 2 months).
>
> As a consequence, ..."

.... tonight's the night.
From: J G Miller on
Op woensdag, 30 juni 2010, 00:42:58 +0200, Martin schreef:

> ... tonight's the night.

That is very un-Napoleonic thing to say.

From: Ulick Magee on
Martin wrote:
> On 29/06/10 20:43, mjt wrote:
>>
>> SUSE Security announces that openSUSE 11.0 will be discontinued soon.
>> Having provided security-relevant fixes for two years, we will stop
>> releasing updates after June 30th 2010 (in 2 months).
>>
>> As a consequence, ..."
>
> .... tonight's the night.

It's not 'after June 30th' for another 23 hours, 54 minutes in my time
zone :)

In practice, with any previous versions I've been running, the most
critical updates are still delivered for a couple of weeks after the
official cut-off date. But obviously one can't rely on that.

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org