From: Martin on
On 30/06/10 21:05, Paul J Gans wrote:
> mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 02:13:08 +0000 (UTC)
>> Paul J Gans <gansno(a)panix.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'm running 3.6.6 on a 32 bit machine running 11.1. For some
>>> reason I don't find 3.6.6 on the 64 bit repositories. I want
>>> it for my 64 bit machine.
>
>> Add the "Mozilla" repo
>
> I have
>
> http://download/opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1
>
> It shows Firefox 3.5.9.

YAST installed Firefox 3.5.9 for Open Suse 11.2 32 bit too.

From: mjt on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:04:58 -0800
1jam <com(a)example.net> wrote:

> >> Beware, like every google technology, Chrome ultimately exists to aid in
> >> the delivery of targeted advertising to your melon.
> >
> > Targeted advertising? I don't see it happening.
>
> All interaction with google is retained (6 months now?), aggregated, and
> traced to you via cookie and or IP address.

You're talking about using www.google.com for web searches, right?
What does that have to do with using Chrome?

> Of course all major websites do this, and all browsers are susceptible

And I can surf the 'Net anonymously if I choose to do so.

--
Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: mjt on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:05:22 +0000 (UTC)
Paul J Gans <gansno(a)panix.com> wrote:

> mjt <myswtestYOURSHOES(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Add the "Mozilla" repo
>
> I have
> http://download/opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1
> It shows Firefox 3.5.9.

Sorry, I don't see 3.5.9 in the URL you provided. I'm looking
at that repo contents (using the actual URL) and I see 3.6.6
in the "x86_64", "i586", and "src" subdirectories.

Are you saying you see 3.5.9 in the Yast GUI while looking at
the "Mozilla" repository while in "View -> Repositories" mode?

If so, you probably need to click on the "Switch packages"
hyperlink just above the "package list"
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/myswtest/sw.jpg

--
The only possible interpretation of any research whatever
in the`social sciences' is: some do, some don't.

From: Ulick Magee on
mjt wrote:

> Famous last words:
> (1) "Don't worry, I can handle it."
> (2) "You and what army?"
> (3) "If you were as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be
> a cop."

(4) "Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch THIS"

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Ulick Magee on
1jam wrote:

> All interaction with google is retained (6 months now?), aggregated, and
> traced to you via cookie and or IP address.

So use http://www.scroogle.org/ and you can configure it as a browser
search engine in Firefox, Opera and even Chrome...

The HTTPS version is recommended for the truly paranoid.