From: rfengineer55 on

What are your thoughts regarding the contents of the Fortran 2003
handbook?

Wha do you like about it, and where do you think it falls short?

Do you consider this an indispensible reference, or is it nothing
special?

How difficult would it be to gather the same information content from
other books?

Is the book worth the cost, in your opinion?

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

Jeff
RF ENGINEER55
From: rudra on
Are you going to review it or a potential buyer? or its a survey ?

From: e p chandler on

"rfengineer55" <rfengineer55(a)aol.com> wrote in message

> What are your thoughts regarding the contents of the Fortran 2003
> handbook?
>
> Wha do you like about it, and where do you think it falls short?
>
> Do you consider this an indispensible reference, or is it nothing
> special?
>
> How difficult would it be to gather the same information content from
> other books?
>
> Is the book worth the cost, in your opinion?
>
> Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.
>
> Jeff
> RF ENGINEER55

I don't have a copy of that book. Richard Maine, a frequent contributor to
this newsgroup, is one of its authors.

I do have a copy of Metcalf, Reid and Cohen's "Fortran 95/2003 Explained". I
recommend it as a concise reference. Softcover is available - less expensive
than hardcover and recent printings have errors corrected.

In terms of more tutorial material, there are a number of resource pages,
one is

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/h/d/hdk/fortran.html

--- E
[zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....]

From: Uno on
e p chandler wrote:

> "rfengineer55" <rfengineer55(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What are your thoughts regarding the contents of the Fortran 2003
>> handbook?
>>
>> Wha do you like about it, and where do you think it falls short?
>>
>> Do you consider this an indispensible reference, or is it nothing
>> special?
>>
>> How difficult would it be to gather the same information content from
>> other books?
>>
>> Is the book worth the cost, in your opinion?
>>
>> Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.
>>
>> Jeff
>> RF ENGINEER55
>
> I don't have a copy of that book. Richard Maine, a frequent contributor
> to this newsgroup, is one of its authors.
>
> I do have a copy of Metcalf, Reid and Cohen's "Fortran 95/2003
> Explained". I recommend it as a concise reference. Softcover is
> available - less expensive than hardcover and recent printings have
> errors corrected.
>
> In terms of more tutorial material, there are a number of resource
> pages, one is
>
> http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/h/d/hdk/fortran.html
>
> --- E
> [zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....]

The slumber of persons smart enough to sleep in Michigan.

Jeff--Chill.

Quote context and cut the rest. Ten originals posts since I left for
karakoe: not good.

Can you get a command line operating for you?
--
Uno
From: rfengineer55 on
On Jun 11, 4:35 am, Uno <merrilljen...(a)q.com> wrote:
> e p chandler wrote:
>
> > "rfengineer55" <rfenginee...(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>
> >> What are your thoughts regarding the contents of the Fortran 2003
> >> handbook?
>
> >> Wha do you like about it, and where do you think it falls short?
>
> >> Do you consider this an indispensible reference, or  is it nothing
> >> special?
>
> >> How difficult would it be to gather the same information content from
> >> other books?
>
> >> Is the book worth the cost, in your opinion?
>
> >> Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.
>
> >> Jeff
> >> RF ENGINEER55
>
> > I don't have a copy of that book. Richard Maine, a frequent contributor
> > to this newsgroup, is one of its authors.
>
> > I do have a copy of Metcalf, Reid and Cohen's "Fortran 95/2003
> > Explained". I recommend it as a concise reference. Softcover is
> > available - less expensive than hardcover and recent printings have
> > errors corrected.
>
> > In terms of more tutorial material, there are a number of resource
> > pages, one is
>
> >http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/h/d/hdk/fortran.html
>
> > --- E
> > [zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....]
>
> The slumber of persons smart enough to sleep in Michigan.
>

> Jeff--Chill.
>
> Quote context and cut the rest.  Ten originals posts since I left for
> karakoe: not good.
>
> Can you get a command line operating for you?
> --
> Uno- Hide quoted text -

I din't know what this has to do with how well you like the 2003
Fortran Handbook.

Has nothing to do at all with the question posed.

I trust you had, or are having a good time in Karakoe?

Jeff
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Compiler Error