From: THE_ONE on
There is ONLY ONE FUNDAMENTAL CORRECTNESS in Einstein's relativity:
Einstein's principle of constancy of the speed of light:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/"...light is
always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity c which is
independent of the state of motion of the emitting body ".

All bodies are 4 dimensional.

Bodies spin.

If a body is to release a photon, then it will do so with the result
being the photon traveling across empty space at the velocity of c.

When a body is in motion across space, it is being rotated within
Space-Time. The faster it moves across space, the more it extends
across Time, and the less it extends across Space. This gives the
appearance of there being a spatial length contraction.

Also during such an event, the axis of a spinning body also begins to
extend more across Time, and less across Space, for it too is being
rotated across Space-Time. This then effects the velocity of a photon
released from such a spinning body. The change of the photons spatial
velocity is proportional to the spatial velocity of the moving body.

Ex. in the forward direction, the photons velocity becomes c - v. This
is then combined with the velocity of the moving body that released
that photon.

( c - v [photon] ) + ( v [moving body] ) = c.

Therefore, no matter what the velocity is of a moving body, it will
still release a photon in such a manner that the photon will be in
motion at a c velocity relative to an open space.

http://www.outersecrets.com/real/forum_againstum2.htm

From: sean on
On 16 Jun, 17:06, "Jeckyl" <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> "sean" <jaymose...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> I don't recall saying that.
> > You said `negligible`.
>
> That's right
But its not negligible. Ring gyros can measure this rotation.
You only pretend its neglible to back up a theory (SR) that cant
explain both sagnac and MMx
> >> MM in no way invalidates or contradicts SR .. the 'null' result is
> >> completely consistent with SR.- Hide quoted text -
> > Not if you consider that SR predicts that light should be variable in
> > the
> > MMx source frame.
> > And it is not observed to be variable. Therefore
> > SR predictions are not consistent with MMX observations
> > Sean
> >www.gammarayburst.com
>
> Yes, they are .. you're simply wrong.
Unscientific argument here. Your supposed to supply proof to back up
your (incorrect and unsubstantiated) claim Im wrong. Not handwaving
rhetoric.
Sean www.gammarayburst.com
For simulations showing how sagnac and MMx can be explained by
classical theory only, see...
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jaymoseleygrb

From: Androcles on

"Craig Markwardt" <craigmnet(a)REMOVEcow.physics.wisc.edu> wrote in message
:
: sean <jaymoseley(a)hotmail.com> writes:
:
: > On 11 Jun, 17:47, Craig Markwardt
: > <craigm...(a)REMOVEcow.physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
: > > sean <jaymose...(a)hotmail.com> writes:
: ...
: > Here I use substantiated observations. from MMX and sagnac. Not
: > made up imaginary observations as the others do.
: > > > If its compatible with SR then why does SR predict that light cannot
: > > > be constant in a non inertial frame. Yet the MMx, being in a non
: > > > inertial frame observes light being constant in all directions?
: > >
: > > Where does the theory of special relativity "predict" that light
: > > cannot be "constant" in a non-inertial frame? Indeed, it is a
: > > postulate of SR that the speed of light *is* constant, the same
: > > constant c, in all inertial frames.
: > I never said SR didnt predict it to be c in all inertial frames.
: > I said `non inertial frames`.
:
: Since the theory of special relativity doesn't make any predictions
: about non-inertial frames,

it is fuckin' useless.

your claim is erroneous, and thus the
: conclusions you draw from it are irrelevant.
:
: CM

From: Jeckyl on
"Androcles" <Engineer(a)hogwarts.physics> wrote in message

> "Craig Markwardt" <craigmnet(a)REMOVEcow.physics.wisc.edu> wrote in message
> :
> : sean <jaymoseley(a)hotmail.com> writes:
> :
> : > On 11 Jun, 17:47, Craig Markwardt
> : > <craigm...(a)REMOVEcow.physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
> : > > sean <jaymose...(a)hotmail.com> writes:
> : ...
> : > Here I use substantiated observations. from MMX and sagnac. Not
> : > made up imaginary observations as the others do.
> : > > > If its compatible with SR then why does SR predict that light
> cannot
> : > > > be constant in a non inertial frame. Yet the MMx, being in a non
> : > > > inertial frame observes light being constant in all directions?
> : > >
> : > > Where does the theory of special relativity "predict" that light
> : > > cannot be "constant" in a non-inertial frame? Indeed, it is a
> : > > postulate of SR that the speed of light *is* constant, the same
> : > > constant c, in all inertial frames.
> : > I never said SR didnt predict it to be c in all inertial frames.
> : > I said `non inertial frames`.
> :
> : Since the theory of special relativity doesn't make any predictions
> : about non-inertial frames,
>
> it is fuckin' useless.

Not at all. It can be generalised .. guess what its called then?

From: Sue... on
On Jun 17, 7:39 pm, "Jeckyl" <n...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
[...]
> Not at all. It can be generalised .. guess what its called then?

I'll guess it was not any of A. Einstein's work because his 1923
lecture list failure to generalisation with EM (light) a shortcoming
and S. Weinberg explained several avenues ignorged which
might have led to a unification.
Einsteins mistakes
http://www.aip.org/pt/vol-58/iss-11/p31.html

Hilbert and Noether seemed to have a little problem also
in finding generality where energy isn't conservered.

<< In general relativity, on the other hand, it has no meaning
to speak of a definite localization of energy. One may define
a quantity which is divergence free analogous to the
energy-momentum density tensor of special relativity, but it
is gauge dependent: i.e., it is not covariant under general
coordinate transformations. Consequently the fact that it is
divergence free does not yield a meaningful law of local energy
conservation. Thus one has, as Hilbert saw it, in such
theories `improper energy theorems.' >>
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/~cwp/articles/noether.asg/noether.html

Sue...

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last