From: annily on
L.A.T. wrote:
> "Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>
>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great for
>> google search fans.
>>
>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>
>> Don...
>>

> One thing hasn't changed. Google your own name and the box on the right will
> still offer you the best deal on yourself and assure you that you are for
> sale on ebay.

Not for me it doesn't. There is no box on the right.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: F Murtz on
Don McKenzie wrote:

> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>
> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
> for google search fans.
>
> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>
> Don...

I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
not what I wanted.
If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
you to
From: ^Tems^ on
Sandgroper wrote:
> "Don McKenzie"<5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>
>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>
>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great for
>> google search fans.
>>
>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>
> Have you noticed now that you don't have the radio buttons underneath the
> search buttons so that you can select to do your search for either Aust or
> for the whole web.
>
> The work around is to add "+ au" to the end of the search string.

Or click pages from Australia on the left on the search result page
From: Don McKenzie on
F Murtz wrote:
> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>
>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
>> for google search fans.
>>
>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>
>> Don...
>>

> I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
> keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
> not what I wanted.
> If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
> I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
> safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
> Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
> The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
> you to

There is a seymonkey user group. I visited there a couple of years back.

Get onto them. I'll bet they are aware, and may have answers.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: John Tserkezis on
L.A.T. wrote:

> One thing hasn't changed. Google your own name and the box on the right will
> still offer you the best deal on yourself and assure you that you are for
> sale on ebay.

I use a plugin called OptimizeGoogle. Among other things, it gets rid
of ads shown alongside your results (or first finds).

And thankfully, it still works with the "new" Google.