From: SolomonW on
On Fri, 07 May 2010 21:21:58 +1000, F Murtz wrote:

> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>
>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
>> for google search fans.
>>
>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>
>> Don...
>>

> I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
> keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
> not what I wanted.
> If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
> I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
> safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
> Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
> The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
> you to

I had something similar with gmail, try clearing all the cookies from
google.

From: Sandgroper on

"Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message

> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>
> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great for
> google search fans.
>
> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.

If you want to use the old google without that stupid side bar , then use
these links

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=all

http://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=all

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: Jasen Betts on
On 2010-05-07, F Murtz <haggisz(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>
>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
>> for google search fans.
>>
>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>
>> Don...
>>

> I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
> keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
> not what I wanted.

Since a couple of weeks ago google has been doing redirects (possibly so
it can collect statistics of which links are followed).

> If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
> I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
> safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.

> Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
> The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
> you to

This is weird, the redirect urls all have the eventual destination clearly
expressed in them. I wonder how google could mess up that badly.

perhaps you're the victim of a misbehaving HTTP proxy?

(Telstra-Clear (NZ) uses a transparent proxy, it seems to be well behaved,
I only discovered it when investigating a site that had problems if visited
through other providers)

From: f murtz on
SolomonW wrote:
> On Fri, 07 May 2010 21:21:58 +1000, F Murtz wrote:
>
>> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>>
>>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>>
>>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
>>> for google search fans.
>>>
>>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>>
>>> Don...
>>>

>> I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
>> keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
>> not what I wanted.
>> If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
>> I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
>> safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
>> Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
>> The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
>> you to
>
> I had something similar with gmail, try clearing all the cookies from
> google.

I have been thing that I was infected with something so I ran various
anti virus progs in safe mode but google is still acting strangely.
It behaves differently to my laptop with the same browser with the same
settings,it opens strange pages,sometimes blank pages in a separate
window when the laptop does not,during the strange searches
googleleaderservices.com comes up and sometimes google-analytics.com
flashes in the search line or down at the bottom
So it seems to be the computer or browser or some other program causing
it, have to do some more investigation.
all the virus detection programs say no infections since I ran them and
cleaned any problems.
..
From: f murtz on
SolomonW wrote:
> On Fri, 07 May 2010 21:21:58 +1000, F Murtz wrote:
>
>> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>>
>>> Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.
>>>
>>> Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
>>> for google search fans.
>>>
>>> Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
>>> I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.
>>>
>>> Don...
>>>

>> I use google with seamonkey and it has been doing weird things, it
>> keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
>> not what I wanted.
>> If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
>> I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
>> safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
>> Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
>> The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
>> you to
>
> I had something similar with gmail, try clearing all the cookies from
> google.

Eureka touch wood, I just ran ccleaner and the registry check,fixed
problems and it now seems to be working.