From: Justin on
I need a installation disk for windows xp it got messed up and some friends
were telling me it might have been the confricker worm so i am doing a clean
install of window xp pro sp3 but does anyone know where i can get it for free
cause i have the old product key from it
From: Elmo on
Justin wrote:
> I need an installation disk for Windows XP; it got messed up and some friends
> were telling me it might have been the confricker worm. So I am doing a clean
> install of Windows XP Pro sp3, but does anyone know where I can get it for free?
> 'cause I have the old product key from it..

That most likely won't work. If you have an OEM install, eg, from
eMachines, Dell, etc., and you install with a standard XP Pro CD, the
product key won't be accepted. If you install from the hidden partition
on the machine, (possibly the F11 key during boot), the machine will be
reformatted, and you'll lose any personal data, not saved elsewhere.

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no problem.

Then run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

--
Joe =o)
From: Mark Adams on

"Justin" wrote:

> I need a installation disk for windows xp it got messed up and some friends
> were telling me it might have been the confricker worm so i am doing a clean
> install of window xp pro sp3 but does anyone know where i can get it for free
> cause i have the old product key from it

Here you go.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=windows+xp+professional+sp3&x=21&y=34
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Now pull the other one!

From: Kelly on
?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Now pull the other one!
>
> Justin wrote:
>> I need a installation disk for windows xp it got messed up and some
>> friends
>> were telling me it might have been the confricker worm so i am doing a
>> clean
>> install of window xp pro sp3 but does anyone know where i can get it for
>> free cause i have the old product key from it
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: security center missing
Next: XP Pro Install on new HD