From: Toolpackinmama on
Skybuck wrote:

> Not so long ago I cleaned the pc-case dust filters while the pc was
> running... I decided not to dry the dust filters thoroughly because a
> kid on youtube also didn't try them thoroughly...

Is this guy for real? Or is this some kind of parody, like SPINALTAP?
From: larry moe 'n curly on

Skybuck wrote:

> The Scythe Zipang is a top down cooler... which could mean it blew
> dust into the memory chips from above... and somehow that tiny little
> bit of dust caused a short circuit in the memory chip ! ;)

Not unless the computer was next to a busy metal lathe or milling
machine.
From: Skybuck Flying on

"Toolpackinmama" <philnblanc(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Skybuck wrote:
>
>> Not so long ago I cleaned the pc-case dust filters while the pc was
>> running... I decided not to dry the dust filters thoroughly because a
>> kid on youtube also didn't try them thoroughly...
>
> Is this guy for real? Or is this some kind of parody, like SPINALTAP?

Real, can't find the video of the kid...

But search for antec 1200 and you'll see plenty of people washing their dust
filters with water ! ;)

Makes ya wonder doesn't it ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Norman Peelman on
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> "Toolpackinmama" <philnblanc(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Skybuck wrote:
>>
>>> Not so long ago I cleaned the pc-case dust filters while the pc was
>>> running... I decided not to dry the dust filters thoroughly because a
>>> kid on youtube also didn't try them thoroughly...
>> Is this guy for real? Or is this some kind of parody, like SPINALTAP?
>
> Real, can't find the video of the kid...
>
> But search for antec 1200 and you'll see plenty of people washing their dust
> filters with water ! ;)
>
> Makes ya wonder doesn't it ! ;) :)
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you let them dry out.

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
From: Skybuck Flying on

"Norman Peelman" <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> "Toolpackinmama" <philnblanc(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> Is this guy for real? Or is this some kind of parody, like SPINALTAP?
>>
>> Real, can't find the video of the kid...
>>
>> But search for antec 1200 and you'll see plenty of people washing their
>> dust filters with water ! ;)
>>
>> Makes ya wonder doesn't it ! ;) :)
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>
> Nothing wrong with that as long as you let them dry out.

But then one needs to wait... which is "down time"... and might be
unneccessary ?
(Also cleaning it dry takes more time and toiletpaper ! ;))

The real question is:

What happens if it's slightly wet/moisturish ;)

Anybody know ? ;) :) =D

Bye,
Skybuck ;) =D