From: Mike Williams on
"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote
>> . . . In fact one of the very first really useful things I wrote in
>> BASIC was a simple 6502 Assembler
>
> I take it you owned a Commodore then?

Actually it was an Oric-I Larry, although I did later own a Commodore C64,
which had essentially the same 6502 processor, except it was a version with
half a dozen I/O ports built into the processor (a 6510 as I recall). Such
luxury! I later moved on to another Commodore, the Amiga 500, which used a
68000 processor. That was by far my favourite. It was a beauty! Just a
little bit of machine code and you could make it fly, especially when you
started messing with the copper and the blitter (graphics co-processors).
Those things were extremely tightly tied in to the system, in fact they ran
on the opposite phase of the same clock used by the main processor, and you
could do great things with them. There were a lot of limitations regarding
colour depth of course, but you could do some things with the Amiga display
that are not easy to achieve even on today's modern pcs. In its day it was a
superb machine. Slow as a turtle by today's standards of course, but still
an amazing machine nonetheless.

> It was all much easier to comprehend and understand
> when the OS, DOS, your program and any language
> interpreter all had to reside within a 64K memory limit!

That's true, unless of course you had a ZX81 with just 8K for the OS and 1K
or 2K of RAM to play with, where you would have had even less to worry about
(or more!). 64K would seem like a dream! I didn't actually see it, but I
believe that someone once wrote a chess program that actually worked in that
2K of memory, a surprising feat since a fair chunk of it was needed for the
display! But I left all those limitations behind (the limitations of my Oric
and C64) soon afterwards, when I moved to my Amiga. Just imagine, 512K! Half
a megabyte of RAM! How could anyone ever want any more memory than that!

Mike

From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on
It means "nader toelichten" in my language so yes i understand but no i
won`t

From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on
Are you dragging me in a flame war !, may i ask why ?
are you really such a sociopath that you can`t even recognize a positive
comment on your behalf ?

As said before i really enjoyed your analogy , and just responded to that in
a positive way , you turned it around in a bash towards me
i wonder if the language barrier is really that big ( as i am not a native
English speaker ) or that i really must reconsider my thoughts about you .

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> schreef in bericht

From: C. Kevin Provance on
| As said before i really enjoyed your analogy , and just responded to that
in
| a positive way , you turned it around in a bash towards me
| i wonder if the language barrier is really that big ( as i am not a native
| English speaker ) or that i really must reconsider my thoughts about you
..

Uh oh, you're in trouble now Mike. The poor opinion of a .Nxter would just
ruin my day. <g>

From: Mike Williams on
"Michel Posseth [MCP]" <msdn(a)posseth.com> wrote in message

> Are you dragging me in a flame war !, may i ask why ?
> are you really such a sociopath that you can`t even
> recognize a positive comment on your behalf ?

I probably forgot to include:

Imports.System.DataCollection.InputDevice.VideoData.WrittenInput.Redirect.LocalStimuli.VisualCortex.ProcessingDevic
e.Cerebral.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.Language.Cognitive

Mike