From: SMS on
On 13/04/10 10:53 AM, me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> SMS<scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Probably the Pentax Optio W80 is your best bet. $171 from Adorama.
>> 28-140mm lens, and it's unusual to have that range even in a
>> non-ruggedized camera.
>>

> Wow thanks SMS! Will check that out.
>
> Zoom is more important to me than megapixel's and all
> kinds of built in features!

Actually I lied, it's $170 for the gold version.

"http://www.adorama.com/IPXOW80BGK.html"

Why is it necessary to offer one model of camera in multiple designer
colors?

I've been looking for something similar to what you're looking for for
my daughter who's going on a two week canoeing trip. Haven't decided if
it's better to just buy her a few disposable waterproof film cameras.
The problem is that there may be no place to recharge the batteries on
the trip and I don't want to buy multiple Li-Ion batteries.
Unfortunately there are no AA powered waterproof cameras. I could buy
the waterproof case for her current camera but it's nearly as expensive
as the W80. I also have an old film waterproof camera that I may dig
out, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired.
From: me on
SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>I've been looking for something similar to what you're looking for for
>my daughter who's going on a two week canoeing trip. Haven't decided if
>it's better to just buy her a few disposable waterproof film cameras.
>The problem is that there may be no place to recharge the batteries on
>the trip and I don't want to buy multiple Li-Ion batteries.
>Unfortunately there are no AA powered waterproof cameras. I could buy
>the waterproof case for her current camera but it's nearly as expensive
>as the W80. I also have an old film waterproof camera that I may dig
>out, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Well actually I don't even OWN dig cam right now....so
this rugged-ized cam would probably get used more as a
"daily" use cam than outdoors.

I guess I just like rugged-ized things cause I don't
have to worry abt being so gentle with them.....hence
the questions on buy one
From: me on
SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>Why is it necessary to offer one model of camera in multiple designer
>colors?

Good question!

I like things that utilitarian.... not designer
From: me on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:28:14 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote:

>On 11/04/10 1:41 PM, me(a)privacy.net wrote:
>> I'm not an expert photog by any means.
>>
>> I'm looking a good dig cam that has a GOOD zoom and can
>> be used in outdoor scenarios such as long distance bike
>> trips, beach, camping, etc
>>
>> I have no idea where to start
>>
>> Would like to keep price around $200 if possible
>>
>> Any pointers out there? THANKS!
>
>Probably the Pentax Optio W80 is your best bet. $171 from Adorama.
>28-140mm lens, and it's unusual to have that range even in a
>non-ruggedized camera.

Most of the reviews I saw complained about the noise in the images,
even at the lowest ISO.
From: me on
me <me(a)mine.net> wrote:

>Most of the reviews I saw complained about the noise in the images,
>even at the lowest ISO.

Hmm..... so which model to consider than?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Remote trigger device for D300s
Next: traffic check, 2011