From: Paul Furman on
Robert Spanjaard wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:34:51 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:
>
>>> Who are 'they'? Pentax or Kodak? Why do you consider degraded image
>>> quality to be an improvement?
>>
>> I don't think they need to degrade image quality to provide live view.
>> There are so many high end DSLRs around with live view.
>
> And how many of them use full frame CCD's? How do you switch from full
> frame CCD to CMOS without losing image quality?

Nikon D700 is CMOS, very high performing 12 MP with live view, though it
doesn't zoom to full 100% in live view. It's not 20 MP either <g>.
From: dj_nme on
Alfred Molon wrote:
> In article <4b983674$0$24251$afc38c87(a)news.optusnet.com.au>,
> dj_nme(a)optusnet.com.au says...
>> Even if it was a 60fps EVF, at this price-point I would be very
>> surprised if a 640x480 EVF could "cut the mustard".
>> If it were possible to stream an HD video signal from this sensor to an
>> HD EVF, then it might (maybe) be worth it.
>
> A zoomable 800x600x3 EVF or LCD screen would suffice for precise manual
> focus. Zoom 10x and you will be beyond pixel level. This technology is
> already in place today in consumer DSLRs.

Why do you really believe that this sort of consumer-level EVF would
pass muster on a pro-level MF digital camera?
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <ae99d$4b9a5f8d$546accd9$24298(a)cache90.multikabel.net>,
spamtrap(a)arumes.com says...

> And how many of them use full frame CCD's? How do you switch from full
> frame CCD to CMOS without losing image quality?

Do some research and you will find out how many cameras with 24x36mm
sensors have live view.

Not sure why CCD vs CMOS matter. Perhaps you want to elaborate on this?
--

Alfred Molon
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:11:18 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

>> And how many of them use full frame CCD's? How do you switch from full
>> frame CCD to CMOS without losing image quality?
>
> Do some research and you will find out how many cameras with 24x36mm
> sensors have live view.
>
> Not sure why CCD vs CMOS matter. Perhaps you want to elaborate on this?

There's enough elaboration available on the net. You're telling me to do
some research, but you don't care to do some yourself. You don't even
understand what the term "full frame CCD" refers to.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: stephe_k on
Chris Malcolm wrote:
> In rec.photo.digital Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote:
>> stephe_k(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>>> Which very few if any MF lenses can resolve.
>
>> If you want to get the most out of a lens' resolution, 3 pixels per
>> detail is pretty good.
>
> Every lens I've got, including the 18-250 zoom, can do that in its
> central area under optimum conditions of light, contrast, and
> aperture. The difference is that the best can do it in a wider range
> of conditions, apertures, and image area.

So you are talking about MF lenses?

Stephanie
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Prev: Cylinder liner....