From: RichA on
Talk about crushing the price barrier in the medium format!!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10031002pentax645d.asp

From: RichA on
On Mar 10, 12:28 am, John A. <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 17:52:31 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Talk about crushing the price barrier in the medium format!!
>
> >http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10031002pentax645d.asp
>
> I must admit, I was a little bit disappointed by the price; there was
> a rumor it would be ~$6500USD. (Maybe whoever leaked that price was
> dyslexic. ;) )
>
> They are releasing it in Japan first, though, so *maybe* the US price
> will come down a hair by the time it hits our shores.
>
> Nice that it's weather and dust sealed, though.

Now at least we know low prices are possible with those big sensors
which means Hasselblad, Phase, Mamiya and Leica are charging...a lot.
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Talk about crushing the price barrier in the medium format!!
>
>http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10031002pentax645d.asp

And I expect that you'll be buying one quite soon since you obviously
don't want to be using some cheap 35mm format SLR with limited
resolution and image quality.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: stephe_k on
RichA wrote:
> Talk about crushing the price barrier in the medium format!!
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10031002pentax645d.asp

But is a crop camera 44 x 33 mm vs 56 x 42 mm of full 645 format. Not a
huge increase over 36x24mm for the price and what you lose on wide angle
$$$ MF glass etc.
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <hn7ckt$g4d$1(a)news.albasani.net>, stephe_k(a)yahoo.com says...

> But is a crop camera 44 x 33 mm vs 56 x 42 mm of full 645 format. Not a
> huge increase over 36x24mm for the price and what you lose on wide angle
> $$$ MF glass etc.

68% more area, that is a significant increase. It's also nice to have
40MP resolution - no DSLR comes close.

But what turns me off is the weight - 1480g body only, with a lens it
will be > 2Kg. Not to mention that huge&heavy mirror slapping around.

Why can't a make such a large sensor camera *without* the mirror? The
body would be much more compact and lightweight. At 2Kg it's not really
suited as a camera to carry around with you.
--

Alfred Molon
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11