From: Rich on
On Mar 10, 12:56 pm, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <hn84hv$ki...(a)news.eternal-september.org>, boat042-
> nos...(a)yahoo.com says...
>
> > 5 lbs is a lightweight. ;)
>
> Try carrying 2.5Kg around your neck the whole day...
> --

What if you carry it off your shoulder?
From: Rich on
On Mar 10, 6:30 am, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <hn7ckt$g4...(a)news.albasani.net>, steph...(a)yahoo.com says...
>
> > But is a crop camera 44 x 33 mm vs 56 x 42 mm of full 645 format. Not a
> > huge increase over 36x24mm for the price and what you lose on wide angle
> > $$$ MF glass etc.
>
> 68% more area, that is a significant increase. It's also nice to have
> 40MP resolution - no DSLR comes close.

After what I saw a Hasselblad digital do to a Nikon D3x, I'd say if
this Pentax is even 75% of that, it will be WELL worth the $9400
asking price.
Forget FPS, live view, video and the rest of that stuff, if you want
the very best image quality (outside of high quality scans of 8x10
film) then a medium format simply has a really nice edge.
For those not interested, GRAB those old Pentax medium format lenses
now before the prices skyrocket then re-sell them.
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <4b983674$0$24251$afc38c87(a)news.optusnet.com.au>,
dj_nme(a)optusnet.com.au says...
> Even if it was a 60fps EVF, at this price-point I would be very
> surprised if a 640x480 EVF could "cut the mustard".
> If it were possible to stream an HD video signal from this sensor to an
> HD EVF, then it might (maybe) be worth it.

A zoomable 800x600x3 EVF or LCD screen would suffice for precise manual
focus. Zoom 10x and you will be beyond pixel level. This technology is
already in place today in consumer DSLRs.
--

Alfred Molon
In article <hn93o5$v2c$2(a)news.albasani.net>, stephe_k(a)yahoo.com says...
> B: Is the MF glass resolving enough to do anything if it does resolve as
> highly. i.e. are you actually gaining anything.

You mean MF glass is unable to resolve 40MP?
--

Alfred Molon
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:42:19 -0500, "stephe_k(a)yahoo.com"
<stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Alfred Molon wrote:
>> In article <hn7ckt$g4d$1(a)news.albasani.net>, stephe_k(a)yahoo.com says...
>>
>>> But is a crop camera 44 x 33 mm vs 56 x 42 mm of full 645 format. Not a
>>> huge increase over 36x24mm for the price and what you lose on wide angle
>>> $$$ MF glass etc.
>>
>> 68% more area, that is a significant increase. It's also nice to have
>> 40MP resolution - no DSLR comes close.
>
>A: Is is equal resolution to what a good full frame DSRL has now?
>
>B: Is the MF glass resolving enough to do anything if it does resolve as
>highly. i.e. are you actually gaining anything.

I've seen these questions before, but back in the "film" days. Testers
would *prove* that MF glass has lower resolving power than 35mm glass,
but when comparing images from my hassy 500 C/M to those from my
Nikon, there was NO comparison. So will the reality that meant "more
film means higher quality images" hold true for larger sensors,
despite that the glass may, theoritically, be capable of less
resolution? I'm guessing yes, but I'll wait and see. Anyway, I'm sure
that anyone with a Pentax MF system loves this news. The 645 N II I
had (for a short time) was a stellar machine and maybe the best
handling camera I've ever owned.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Cylinder liner....
Next: Electric locomotive...