From: jw on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:27:02 -0800, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>Was there a /driver/ disk included with the monitor (might offer settings
>other than XP default) that should be used with XP?

Not that I recall, I've had this monitor for 4 years now, giveor
take.

Maybe I should explore Google a bit. Never thought of that. Thanks
for tip.
From: jw on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:27:02 -0800, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:

>Do you have the problem with any other program?
>Yes:
> Adjust the Default Desktop (advanced) settings in the control panel
> Adjust the Display adapter settings (may be a manufactures custom control)

Heck I can hardly see vertical scroll bars, especially in ForteAgent,
which I am in right now. The movable 'scroll box' is very light blue
on a white background. I can hardly see it. I have Agent's fonts
working pretty good though otherwise.

Duke
From: jw on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:41:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>51�F here (Arizona, 8:38AM), cloudy, may rain... you East Coasters
>will get dumped on... enjoy your snow days ;-)
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Jim, I regret to say - we are now and have been for a while in a
blizzard condition and in a state of emergency. All non-emergency
vehicles have been barred from the road. Total white-out. I can't
see the road 50 feet in front of my house. Snow plows have been
parked.

I had to open my big mouth.
From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:09:25 +0100, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:27:02 -0800, Steve Urbach
><dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>

>>Do you have the problem with any other program?
>>Yes:
>> Adjust the Default Desktop (advanced) settings in the control panel
>> Adjust the Display adapter settings (may be a manufactures custom control)
>

>Heck I can hardly see vertical scroll bars, especially in ForteAgent,
>which I am in right now. The movable 'scroll box' is very light blue
>on a white background. I can hardly see it. I have Agent's fonts
>working pretty good though otherwise.
>
>Duke
Your desktop "Theme" is doing this to you.
(Running Agent on Ubuntu here). Eudora is still my mail program of choice.

From: Jim Thompson on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:58:50 +0100, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>>>Where in MA?
>>>

>>Cambridge... MIT, 1958-1962, BSEE
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>Interesting
>
>I was born/raised in Waltham there. Know Cambridge well.
>Did you know or hear of a W Beckett or J Williams? HS Friends of mine
>who went to MIT, but in 49-52.

I presume "J Williams" is Jim Williams... he's semi-famous as an
electronics hacker. I don't know anyone with last name "Beckett".

>I ended up in Geo Wash U '62 BS Math

I was born in Geo Wash U Hospital ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--