From: Jim Thompson on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:13:37 +0100, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:41:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>

>>51�F here (Arizona, 8:38AM), cloudy, may rain... you East Coasters
>>will get dumped on... enjoy your snow days ;-)
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>

>Jim, I regret to say - we are now and have been for a while in a
>blizzard condition and in a state of emergency. All non-emergency
>vehicles have been barred from the road. Total white-out. I can't
>see the road 50 feet in front of my house. Snow plows have been
>parked.
>
>I had to open my big mouth.

I was living in East Campus (Ames Street) during the winter of
1959-1960... 19" in about an hour. We bunked all the Polaroid workers
in our dorm rooms, because _nothing_ was functional ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: jw on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:24:13 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>I presume "J Williams" is Jim Williams... he's semi-famous as an
>electronics hacker. I don't know anyone with last name "Beckett".
>

>>I ended up in Geo Wash U '62 BS Math
>
>I was born in Geo Wash U Hospital ;-)
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Not Jim. Now dead, as are all my compatriots
Small world, eh?

Duke
From: jw on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:15:57 -0800, Steve Urbach
<dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>>Heck I can hardly see vertical scroll bars, especially in ForteAgent,
>>which I am in right now. The movable 'scroll box' is very light blue
>>on a white background. I can hardly see it. I have Agent's fonts
>>working pretty good though otherwise.
>>
>>Duke
>Your desktop "Theme" is doing this to you.
>(Running Agent on Ubuntu here). Eudora is still my mail program of choice.

I changed to Windows Classic and changed all fonts and made them bold.
Scroll bar still mostly invisible. Eudora email text still light gray
on white. I have not re-booted yet though - Maybe I have to?

Duke
From: jw on

From: Jim Thompson on
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:47:57 +0100, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:24:13 -0700, Jim Thompson
><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>

>>I presume "J Williams" is Jim Williams... he's semi-famous as an
>>electronics hacker. I don't know anyone with last name "Beckett".
>>

>>>I ended up in Geo Wash U '62 BS Math
>>
>>I was born in Geo Wash U Hospital ;-)
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>

>Not Jim. Now dead, as are all my compatriots
>Small world, eh?
>
>Duke

Indeed! As we used to joke in Latin class... if you calculate the
volume of air surrounding the world, and count up all the people,
we've all shared a breath of air with Julius Caesar ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Change View Source Pogram
Next: WSJ HTML Stopped Working