From: Randem on
And for registered files:

Enumerate HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,\TypeLib\

--
The Top Script Generator for Jordan Russell's Inno Setup -
http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
Free Utilities and Code - http://www.randem.com/freesoftutil.html

From: Randem on
One of my post went missing, here is what it said:

Ok, in that case use the CSLID to find the file, also use the shareddll area
of the registry. This will tell you exactly where the the files that are
registerd and shared are. located.

If you need exact locations I can look them up. It's been a while since I
looked at that area.

From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:56:40 -1000, "Randem" <newsgroups(a)randem.com>
wrote:

>Ok, in that case use the CSLID to find the file, also use the shareddll area
>of the registry. This will tell you exactly where the the files that are
>registerd and shared are. located.
>
>If you need exact locations I can look them up. It's been a while since I
>looked at that area.

Thanks, I'll poke about all those.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Tony Toews on
wrote:

>Ok, in that case use the CSLID to find the file, also use the shareddll area
>of the registry. This will tell you exactly where the the files that are
>registerd and shared are. located.

I could take this one step further. See if the key DLL exists in the
espected location via the CSIDL, etc. Then see where the registered
location is in the CLSID. And if they're different, especially if
the version is dfiferent, give the developer who is running my utility
a warning message to review that system.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Randem on
In the locations that I gave you you will see all the versions that are
installed. You can then make a determination about a possible confusion in
registered dlls.