From: Arthur Entlich on
You will probably not need to remove the head to unclog the heads.

Don't force fluids through the ink nipples. Allow it to drain on its
own. Place the "sheet" or quality paper toweling in the printing
channel and rub the head back and forth until it is clear of dried ink.

If you insist on removing the head, do not submerge it in fluids more
than about 1/16" deep.

Art

From: Frank on
AMcLean wrote:
> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf(a)verizon.net> wrote in
>

>>>WHY WASTE YOUR TIME...
>>
>>I don't consider trying to fix this printer a waste of time at all.
>>By disassembling it I get to know how it works. By possibly fixing it
>>I not only get to save money but put a little less strain on the waste
>>that this society has made commonplace. It's a value system that some
>>folks prefer compared to others.
>

> Shows you're the intelligent type, spending your time studying how things
> work. Meanwhile the measekite troll wastes his whole day writing 180 totally
> useless messages that only get read by the people he invents. AMC

hehehehe...good one! :-)
Frank
From: Taliesyn on
Frank wrote:

> AMcLean wrote:
>
>> "Jan Alter" <bearpuf(a)verizon.net> wrote in

>>> I don't consider trying to fix this printer a waste of time at all.
>>> By disassembling it I get to know how it works. By possibly fixing it
>>> I not only get to save money but put a little less strain on the waste
>>> that this society has made commonplace. It's a value system that some
>>> folks prefer compared to others.
>>

>> Shows you're the intelligent type, spending your time studying how things
>> work. Meanwhile the measekite troll wastes his whole day writing 180
>> totally
>> useless messages that only get read by the people he invents. AMC
>

> hehehehe...good one! :-)
> Frank

That's why I never reply to certain people once I discover them to be
as fake as a three dollar bill!!!

-Taliesyn
From: Les Hemmings on

"AMcLean" <amc(a)nomorenomore.net> wrote in message
> Shows you're the intelligent type, spending your time studying how things
> work. Meanwhile the measekite troll wastes his whole day writing 180
> totally
> useless messages that only get read by the people he invents. AMC

I killfiled him.. problem solved :o)

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

"...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
exposing the country to greater danger "

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

From: Jan Alter on
Well I won't be removing the head, but I certainly will try the moving the
head back and forth a bit later today on the soaked sheet with cleaning
solution. and then try printing again. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks, as always

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net