From: Davy on
If it's an Epson you are just wasting time, the best thing that you
could ever do with it is to 'bury it', how long do you really think
it will last 'until the nextime'.

Once Epson clogs they will continue to clog, you will find the
clogging gets worse over time, it seldom get's any better, the lining
on the nozzles wall's just gets caked up.

As mentioned many a time if the fluid is kept flowing the walls stay
lubricated and no deposit builds up hence no clogs, a bit like
tanning in a tea cup builds up starting as a deposit until it becomes
clumpy - but we are talking microns.

Davy

From: Arthur Entlich on
With the Durabrite inks, you really have to attack the problem from both
sizes to clear the nozzles. That means using some cleaning fluid on the
outer surface and some inside (maybe making cleaning cartridges).
It's a bit more problematical with the newer cartridges and the level
situation

From: Arthur Entlich on
Davy,

This is a very inaccurate generalization. I have helped unclog many,
many thousands of inkjet printers, and many are Epsons. They are
brought back to "as new" printing quality, and chug away for years.

Art

From: Davy on
> Arthur Entlichwrote:
quote="Arthur Entlich"]Davy,

> This is a very inaccurate generalization.

Afraid it's not just my view Arthur, I do venture into other forums
and view user opinions and I doubt that an Epson clog is just a one
off affair.

There ought to ba a seperate Epson Heading under printers, we'll soon
see which are most problematic.

Davy

From: Jan Alter on

Well I went at the head zealously with a solvent soaked cloth wrapped around
a 6" measuring ruler this morning for 5 or 6 minutes just pushing the head
back and forth to attempt to clear any outside clog. No difference. I get a
slight whisp of black on the nozzle check but nothing more. These particular
inks on this model are a real problem when the head finally gets a clog. Of
course, as I said at the onset, the printer had not been run for a year.
That's an absolute no no with an Epson printer. I'll be thoughful before I
give any other 9 year old kids a new printer unless they promise to run the
thing once a month at least.
I think Art was right when he said it would make no difference removing
the head. I can only assume that the clog is from within and not outside
oriented. Any positive suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net