From: Davy on
What can I say... !

If you studied the manuals I sent you would see why nothing much can
be gained for removing the heads, the only thing you can do with
them is the cleaning routine as Arthur suggested or trying a cleaning
cartridge which would lead to more expense with un-knowing results.

Seemed to have clogged grand style, all I could muster was a whiff of
magenta I think it was before condemning it.

I think you will find an inkjet printer needs to be run alittle more
than once a month especially Epson's which require more frequent use
than most others.

Davy

From: Jan Alter on
> I think you will find an inkjet printer needs to be run alittle more
> than once a month especially Epson's which require more frequent use
> than most others.

Yes, I agree, realistically, run it probably once a week; the newer ones
anyway for the reformulated kind of ink they use.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Davy on
To be honest Jan how often to run a printer isn't an easy question, it
really isn't but I do feel every couple of day's just isn't good
enough for an Epson, I repeat I do feel as opposed to saying it is
or it isn't, all I can say is my C62 clogged after 2 day's and the
replacement clogged after 4 days all with OEM ink, the printer was
used daily and I ensured I did a photo, all be it a small one every
couple of days or so, in between time I printed text and the odd
graphics.

How often you should use a printer especially Epson to prevent
clogging I feel is an un-answerable question.

Un-answerable because-:
No one can say a printer will clog after #? day's of non use, all I
can say is if the printer is used with OEM ink on a regular basis
there should be no reason for clogging - but they do and I refer to
Epsons here.

Yes other printers do clog but not as much as Epson's, don't take my
word look through various forums, look at user's comments on various
shopping sights and you'll soon come to a self conclusion.

The best reviews are the user's, use magazine reviews as a guide
only.

Davy

From: Jan Alter on
I'm well aware of reviewer's as well as users comments. You may have heard
me mention that I take care of some 60 Epsons in our school: thirty Epson
740's, more than a dozen 880's and a bunch of C80, C82 and C84 machines to
finish the total. We started with 35 Epson 740 machines in 1999 and have
lost only five machines (one was stolen). Two or three died because of
misfeeding paper and another two to bad electronics, but none due to
clogging, and In everyone of these machines has been running third party ink
since they first ran out of the OEM cartridges. The 880's run similarly and
we've lost none of them. The C80 and C82 machines are only two to 4 years
old, but are holding up OK. I seem to have the bulk of clog problems with
the newest C84, not only with the one at home but also at school, where I
have difficulty getting a color clear. They seem to clog just a bit too fast
for comfort, I'm afraid.

From: Arthur Entlich on
Hi Jan,

If you haven't already done so, please email me for my Epson Cleaning
Manual.

There rae a number of possible causes of no printer conditions with C84
printers, including the vacuum pump hose cooling loose.

I can be found at:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .