From: Jan Alter on
I have this practically brand new C84 that my 10 year old was given a year
ago and she simply did no print with it. Of course it's got a clog and
though I've replaced all 4 cartridges (with 3rd party cartridges from MSI)
and run 8 cleaning cycles (at least) I get barely a whisp of anything coming
through. I've now looked at the tear down manual for the C84 (as were
published on http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Epson_22.html )and
the instructions are to use tweezers on the right and left side of the
inside of the cartridge compartment. For the life of me I don't see the
points that will release the head. I've tried pulling the outside right side
clip and attempted to remove the head but it seems solidly locked in.
At this point I've momentarily given up to remove the head and taken a
piece of white sheet, doused it in cleaning solution and placed it over the
docking sponge and wiper, then rolled the head back over it. Then I've taken
a syringe and pulled as much ink as I could at the nipple of each color.
After this I took a 2" piece of thin plastic tubing and snugly fitted it
over each nipple and filled it with cleaning solution. I'm hoping to
possibly get the solution to dilute. The solution is ammoniated, though I
don't know what percentage.
I'll give this 12 hours to work.
However, I'd really like to know how to pull the head if anyone has done it
and cares to explain.

Thanks,

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Davy on
Sent you an E-mail with two atatchments.

Hope it helps. However you do need to be extremely careful not to
damage the unit and the nozzles, to be honest I don't think you will
gain anything by removing them.

The best way would be to get a cleaning cartridge do a couple of
flushes and then leave in situ over night followed by another one the
next day and maybe another couple with new ink tanks.

Problem is once they start to clog they will continue to clog, my
experience with the C62 a new one clogged on the 2nd day, a
replacement a few months later clogged on the 4th day all with Epson
ink.

I went and got a Canon ip5000 its about four months old and never had
a clog or manual nozzle clean yet.

Davy

From: measekite on
YOU CAN BUY A BRAND NEW EPSON FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF A SET OF CARTS.
WHY WASTE YOUR TIME. BETTER YET BUY A CANON.

From: Jan Alter on
>WHY WASTE YOUR TIME...

I don't consider trying to fix this printer a waste of time at all.
By disassembling it I get to know how it works. By possibly fixing it I not
only get to save money but put a little less strain on the waste that this
society has made commonplace. It's a value system that some folks prefer
compared to others.
--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: measekite on

Jan Alter wrote:

>>WHY WASTE YOUR TIME...
>>

>I don't consider trying to fix this printer a waste of time at all.
>By disassembling it I get to know how it works. By possibly fixing it I not
>only get to save money but put a little less strain on the waste that this
>society has made commonplace. It's a value system that some folks prefer
>compared to others.

I GUESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TIME IS WORTH.