From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-04 17:51:35 -0800, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:

> Two cameras, one choice. You pick the one on the right, you've made
> the right choice. Pick the left one, you need help.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372

I think the real clue here is the presentation of products and lack of
professional in-store advice you might get at such an establishment.

The wrong decision was probably made when you walked through the door
intent on buying something in that store. If you need help you are not
going to get it there. What you will get masquerading as advice, is the
megapixel dance.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on

From: Savageduck on

From: Twibil on
On Feb 5, 12:26 pm, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > Rich is a control freak who scorns anybody who doesn't think exactly
> > like him.
>
> Scorn isn't control.  You are free to make whatever mistakes you like.

You're confusing scorn with scornful lecturing, and the only reason to
deliver a scornful lecture is to point out how cool you think you are
compared to others.

Actual scorn can be felt in silence: of which you have never been
accused.
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 19:51:55 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-02-04 17:51:35 -0800, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> Two cameras, one choice. You pick the one on the right, you've made
>> the right choice. Pick the left one, you need help.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372
>
>I think the real clue here is the presentation of products and lack of
>professional in-store advice you might get at such an establishment.
>
>The wrong decision was probably made when you walked through the door
>intent on buying something in that store. If you need help you are not
>going to get it there. What you will get masquerading as advice, is the
>megapixel dance.

Conversely, if you walk into a camera store you'll get a song and dance
about whatever product is giving them the most profit-margin. Using their
camera expertise to convince anyone of anything to make sure that the
salesperson will get the most money. Which is worse? Getting a pretty
decent camera for a low cost, or paying over $10,000 in camera, lenses, and
all the required accessories that won't even equal the image quality of a
good P&S camera?

You're not too bright, are you. But then we all know that, just from seeing
your snapshots.