From: Peter Huebner on
In article <MPG.25d7601cffe9906498992f(a)news.individual.net>,
no.one(a)this.address says...

> In article <hkh6hk12p2b(a)news1.newsguy.com>, jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net
> says...
> >
> > Peter Huebner wrote:
> > > In article <ee0f9cac-4543-4ff5-a24f-
> > > a96d6ef2f3df(a)l19g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, rander3127(a)gmail.com
> > > says...

> > > Fscking hell. I got the one on the left for quite a bit less than
> > > that, but I'd have to pay more than twice that for the one on the
> > > right ....
> > >
> > > go figure. -P.
> >
> > Where are you that such an insane price is being charged for a 1000d?
> > Amazon has it for under 620 (I checked, US, UK, and DE).
>

> New Zealand
>
> -P.

my numbers were a little bit off, I just did some lookups and
conversion:

SX20 -- 485 US$ (700 NZ$)
1000D -- 900 US$ (1200-1350 NZ$)

Over the counter, photo discount 'warehouse' retailer, not grey imports.
I had previously estimated the SX20 to be closer to the US$400 mark.

f.w.i.w. -Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-04 20:12:02 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:

> On 2010-02-04 17:51:35 -0800, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> Two cameras, one choice. You pick the one on the right, you've made
>> the right choice. Pick the left one, you need help.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372
>
> I think the real clue here is the presentation of products and lack of
> professional in-store advice you might get at such an establishment.
>
> The wrong decision was probably made when you walked through the door
> intent on buying something in that store. If you need help you are not
> going to get it there. What you will get masquerading as advice, is the
> megapixel dance.

I have no idea what happened with all these multiple posts?

My apologies to the groups.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Paul Heslop on
Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-02-04 20:12:02 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:
>
> > On 2010-02-04 17:51:35 -0800, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
> >
> >> Two cameras, one choice. You pick the one on the right, you've made
> >> the right choice. Pick the left one, you need help.
> >>
> >> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372
> >
> > I think the real clue here is the presentation of products and lack of
> > professional in-store advice you might get at such an establishment.
> >
> > The wrong decision was probably made when you walked through the door
> > intent on buying something in that store. If you need help you are not
> > going to get it there. What you will get masquerading as advice, is the
> > megapixel dance.
>
> I have no idea what happened with all these multiple posts?
>
> My apologies to the groups.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

so you should :O)
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: RustY � on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Two cameras, one choice. You pick the one on the right, you've made
> the right choice. Pick the left one, you need help.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372

Why is that so? They are both Canon and about the same price why is the one
on the right better ?

From: DanP on
On Feb 5, 3:52 pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:51:35 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Two cameras, one choice.  You pick the one on the right, you've made
> >the right choice.  Pick the left one, you need help.
>
> >http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/121685372
>
> The one on the left probably has a better lens than that on the right.

You can buy the one on the right with the lens you like.
And even buy more lenses if you want.
And take pictures with less noise.
And have a faster shooting rate.

The point of a small sensor camera is camera is small.

DanP