From: Raymond Del Tondo on
Hi,

"Harold Climer" <Harold-Cllimer(a)utc.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 21 Jul 2006 11:18:42 -0700, "Harout Hedeshian"
> <harout(a)hedeshian.net> wrote:
>
>>[..]
> If you are a Surveyor or someone who needs a true RS232 port it is
> revolutionary.
> If it is really a true RS232 port, it will be an inexpensive way for
> small surveying firms to upgrade from the now no longer manufactured
> HP48GX, instead of paying $2000.00+ for a dedicated data logger.
> If it does not have a true RS232 interface, HP has dropped the ball
> again.

Now you know the answer: The 'serial' port of the 50g
works the same as in the 49g- (aka 48gII).
You'll need a special cable (hopefully included) with a built-in voltage
level converter.
So obviously they weren't able to get 5 volts out of 4x1.5 volts
batteries;-)

Reminds me of some of the old Sharp (or Casio) micro BASIC bread slices,
where you needed a special level converter for the serial interface, too.

Raymond

From: aplnub on

Mick Anderson wrote:
> "Harout Hedeshian" <harout(a)hedeshian.net> wrote in message
>
> > Will someone explain the difference? Or better yet, is there a document
> > that does that already? I was hoping for a higher resolution screen. I
> > would soil myself in excitement if they released a qvga grayscale model
> > (or even full vga) and ran it in native ARM.
>
> Have a guess at how long it would take to port the existing code to pure
> ARM.

3 man years?

From: Raymond Del Tondo on

"aplnub" <eric(a)installuniversity.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Mick Anderson wrote:
>> "Harout Hedeshian" <harout(a)hedeshian.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > Will someone explain the difference? Or better yet, is there a document
>> > that does that already? I was hoping for a higher resolution screen. I
>> > would soil myself in excitement if they released a qvga grayscale model
>> > (or even full vga) and ran it in native ARM.
>>
>> Have a guess at how long it would take to port the existing code to pure
>> ARM.
>

> 3 man years?

Sounds somewhat optimistical;-)

Remember how long it took to get the initial 49g (rubber duck) somewhat
stable...

However there already was a thread about HP calcs and man years.

From: Anssi Saari on
"Mick Anderson" <andersonm(a)telstra.au> writes:

> Have a guess at how long it would take to port the existing code to pure
> ARM.

Well, they could still provide an interface for native ARM apps. As I
understand it, Palm's doing that, the current ARM-based models can
still run the numerous 68k apps.
From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 06:25:53 -0500:

> obviously they weren't able to get 5 volts
> out of 4 x 1.5 volts batteries ;-)

It wasn't a problem even with three 1.5v batteries
in the 48 series, was it?

All the older calculators have had self-contained
switching power supplies, which is no big deal
(they're even inside 1-cell LED flashlights)

[r->] [OFF]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Z transform