From: lfmorrison on
Raymond Del Tondo wrote:
> So obviously they weren't able to get 5 volts out of 4x1.5 volts
> batteries;-)

Huh? The voltage of their 3xAA batteries was never even the limiting
factor in previous models. Some other design consideration must have
always been at play.

There are RS232 transceiver chips available which are capable of
tolerating fully compliant RS232 inputs (aka +/-12V typ, +/-25V max)
and capable of producing perfectly compliant RS232 outputs (+/- 6V typ,
+/- 5V minimum) using as little as a single 1.8 volt power supply.

- Luke

From: Steen Schmidt on
Anssi Saari wrote:

> Well, they could still provide an interface for native ARM apps.

There exist provisions for running native ARM code on the HP49G+/50G.

Regards
Steen
From: Michael Kuyumcu on
I have seen and used a prototype of the TI-nspire already. The
prototypes had a battery life of about 3 hours (in on mode). The CAS is
still very buggy. The dynamics geometry application works smoothly, but
neither very elegant nor transparent. Pull down menu handling is a
curse on the nspire. If you speak German, you can read a rather
extensive review on

http://noemanetz.de

Click on CIMS-SH on the menu bar to the left.

Michael Kuyumcu

From: KonanYao on
Sweet.
Could you do a summary of the review in English please ?
Btw do you know if the NSpire:
*Is much faster than the TI89TI
*has 3D plotting abilities
*Has tree directory structure memory management
*Programming abilities
Thanks in advance.

From: Scotty on
On 5 Aug 2006 09:34:22 -0700, KonanYao(a)gmail.com wrote:

>Sweet.
>Could you do a summary of the review in English please ?
>Btw do you know if the NSpire:
>*Is much faster than the TI89TI
>*has 3D plotting abilities
>*Has tree directory structure memory management
>*Programming abilities
>Thanks in advance.

I read on TI's newsgroup that the nSpire's directory structure would
be something like grouping options (I can try to find the reference,
but this is somewhat OT to HP calcs). That is, for a class of
problems, it would provide grouping for variables, spreadsheets,
graphs, etc. I hate the Voyage 200's one-level nest, all lower-case
8-character limitations.

--Scott
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6