From: Tony Johansson on
The sa account is disabled because there is a red arrow poining down on the
sa icon in the Logins section.
So if I try this command
alter login sa enable
I get this error message
Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot alter the login 'sa', because it does not exist or you do not have
permission

So is it any other way to enable the sa account so I can
use it to set sysadmin on the builtin\administrator

//Tony

From: Uri Dimant on
Tony
Is it stand alone computer?If SQL logins are disabled then very sad, you
just lock yourself out of the SQL installation.

From: Tony Johansson on
I can login using windows security and use SQL Server Management Studio
Express from my windows account Tony.
I'm an administrator on my computer. This computer is not part of any
network.

I don't know what you mean by saying " If SQL login are disabled that very
sad, you
just lock yourself out of the SQL installation."
The only thing I have done which I have mentionen in my
provious mail it to uncheck the sysadmin server role for the following two
users
BUILTIN\Users
BUILTIN\administator

As I mentioned my sa account is also disabled.

I just want to set back my sysadmin server role on my two account. Is that
possible ?
BUILDIN\Users

From: Uri Dimant on
Tony
Well, so if you are an admin and can login , go just the login properties
and check sysadmin account for BuiltIn Admin

Am I missing something?

From: Jeffrey Williams on
See these entries for instructions on how to enable DAC in SQL Server
Express:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2005/09/08/462609.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189595(SQL.90).aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/raulga/archive/2007/07/12/disaster-recovery-what-to-do-when-the-sa-account-password-is-lost-in-sql-server-2005.aspx

If you review these, you should be able to get this fixed.

Jeff