From: Justin on
Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:50:59 -0700]:
> Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:
>>> Not the last time I checked. If they were to do it, I'd be using FF
>>> as my default browser.
>>
>> I believe both Chrome and Firefox are doing it! Try again! :)
>
> I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version 3.08, no
> in-line auto-complete.
>
> Is it a special add-on or something?

3.08 is an OLD version and out of support.
From: Justin on
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:33:33 +0800]:
>> I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version 3.08, no
>> in-line auto-complete.
>>
>> Is it a special add-on or something?
>
> AH... Firefox can import the history from IE!!! As I said in another
> post: no history, no auto-complete!

I am using 3.6.3 and it auto completes bookmarks I have never visited since
I imported them from Netscape years ago
From: Justin on
Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:54:53 -0700]:
> Justin wrote:
>> Jon Danniken wrote on [Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:30:45 -0700]:

>>> Not the last time I checked. If they were to do it, I'd be using FF
>>> as my default browser.
>>
>> FF does it, and has for a while
>
> How do you turn it on? I have 3.0.8, no inline auto-complete.

Upgrade to a supported version, 3.6.3 does it by default
From: Jon Danniken on
Justin wrote:
> Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:54:53 -0700]:
>> Justin wrote:

>>> FF does it, and has for a while
>>
>> How do you turn it on? I have 3.0.8, no inline auto-complete.
>
> Upgrade to a supported version, 3.6.3 does it by default

Nope, just downloaded and installed it, and imported my favorites from IE.
I still do not have inline auto-complete of favorites/bookmarks in the
address bar.

Thanks for prompting me to upgrade my FF installation, though.

Jon

From: Jon Danniken on
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:
>> I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version
>> 3.08, no in-line auto-complete.
>
> By auto-complete, did you mean website address auto-complete, or
> bookmark auto-complete?

I mean favorites/bookmark inline auto-complete from the address bar, known
as "inline autocomplete". For instance, as I have with IE6.x, I have a
favorite called, "g oogle", which has an affiliated URL of
www.google.com.

When I type "g" into the address field, it finishes it up as "g oogle",
and hitting "RETURN" takes me to www.google.com.

Likewise, I have a favorite called "gg oogle image search", with an
associated URL of http://www.google.com/imghp . When I type "gg " into
the address bar, it completes it as "gg oogle image search", and hitting
"RETURN" takes me to http://www.google.com/imghp.

Additionally, I have a favorite called "ggg oogle groups search", with an
associated URL of http://groups.google.com/advanced_search . When I type
"ggg " into the address bar, it completes it as "ggg oogle groups
search", and hitting RETURN takes me to
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search.

That's what inline auto-complete is. Unfortunately, Microsoft removed it
completely (not just disabled it) beginning with IE7, and AFAIK there are no
other browsers which implement it.\\

It is the only reason that I am still using IE6.

Jon

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Hello everyone
Next: K-melion - STOP ASKING ME TO UPGRADE