From: Jon Danniken on
Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:
>> I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version
>> 3.08, no in-line auto-complete.
>>
>> Is it a special add-on or something?
>
> AH... Firefox can import the history from IE!!! As I said in another
> post: no history, no auto-complete!

Different feature, I am looking for "inline auto-complete" which uses
entries from the favorites/bookmarks.

In reality, in IE6, they all work together, ie, both history entities and
favorites/bookmarks show up during an inline autocomplete return.

Jon

From: Nigel Stapley on
Jon Danniken wrote:
> Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:
>>> Not the last time I checked. If they were to do it, I'd be using FF
>>> as my default browser.
>> I believe both Chrome and Firefox are doing it! Try again! :)
>
> I do use FF occasionally, but I haven't seen it. Using version 3.08, no
> in-line auto-complete.
>
> Is it a special add-on or something?

Have you tried this?

In the address bar, type 'about:config' (without quote marks) and send.

In the filter box, type 'autoc' (again without quotes).

Is there an entry called 'browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled'? If so,
what is the entry under 'value' (far right)?

If it's 'false', right-click on it, then select 'Toggle' from the menu.
This should change it to 'true'.

Then click on your 'Home' button, then try typing a url in the address
bar to see if it auto-completes.

HTH

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.thejudge.me.uk

<reply-to will bounce>
From: Justin on
Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:55:49 -0700]:
> Justin wrote:
>> Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:54:53 -0700]:

>>> How do you turn it on? I have 3.0.8, no inline auto-complete.
>>
>> Upgrade to a supported version, 3.6.3 does it by default
>
> Nope, just downloaded and installed it, and imported my favorites from IE.
> I still do not have inline auto-complete of favorites/bookmarks in the
> address bar.

Works for me. Not sure why it doesn't for you.

I have bookmarks I have not been to in several years, and they autocomplete fine
by typing their name
From: Peter on
In article <huu7sk$mu6$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
jonSPAMMENOTdanniken(a)yahSPAMhoo.com says...
> Justin wrote:
> > Jon Danniken wrote on [Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:54:53 -0700]:

> >> How do you turn it on? I have 3.0.8, no inline auto-complete.
> >
> > Upgrade to a supported version, 3.6.3 does it by default
>
> Nope, just downloaded and installed it, and imported my favorites from IE.
> I still do not have inline auto-complete of favorites/bookmarks in the
> address bar.
>
> Thanks for prompting me to upgrade my FF installation, though.
>
> Jon

I have a computer with IE6 on it and have just turned on inline
autocomplete, but this doesn't seem to work for those URLs already in
favorites only when I add a new URL to favorites.

Perhaps it's the same for FF. If you add a new entry in favorites
perhaps it will show up.

--
Pete Ives
From: Jon Danniken on
Nigel Stapley wrote:
> Have you tried this?
>
> In the address bar, type 'about:config' (without quote marks) and
> send.
> In the filter box, type 'autoc' (again without quotes).
>
> Is there an entry called 'browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled'? If so,
> what is the entry under 'value' (far right)?
>
> If it's 'false', right-click on it, then select 'Toggle' from the
> menu. This should change it to 'true'.
>
> Then click on your 'Home' button, then try typing a url in the address
> bar to see if it auto-completes.

I looked at that value, but it was already set to "True".

browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled - Status=default Type=boolean
Value=true

I went to the "home" button and started typing in an entry from my imported
favorites, but I still do not get any inline autocomplete action.

Thanks though.

Jon

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Hello everyone
Next: K-melion - STOP ASKING ME TO UPGRADE