From: shegeek72 on
As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
missing plugin.' Then when I hit install I get 'install manually.' So
I have to go to the software's website, download and install it
manually and hope it works (sometimes doesn't). Also, FF continually
crashes, usually when I'm deleting emails from my yahoo account. And
when I'm on facebook and try to play a video I often get 'an error
occurred, please try again later.' However, when I use IE it plays
fine.

I've used FF for years because of the security holes in IE. However,
with IE8 MS seems to have addressed those vulnerabilities. When I
check for exploits, FF seems to have just as many, or nearly as many,
as IE. And I have to admit I like IE's interface better - it's
slicker.

I did a check on mozilla.com to find out about the problems with FF
and there were many, including crashing while on yahoo. Their answer?
They blamed yahoo. I'm sorry, but that just smacks of 'we're too lazy
to fix FF so we're blaming it on somebody else.' I thought the whole
point of open source was thousands of people could tweak the code to
solve the problems I'm having. Am I wrong?

From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
On 6/10/2010 13:39, shegeek72 wrote:
> As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
> to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
> missing plugin.' Then when I hit install I get 'install manually.' So
> I have to go to the software's website, download and install it
> manually and hope it works (sometimes doesn't). Also, FF continually
> crashes, usually when I'm deleting emails from my yahoo account. And
> when I'm on facebook and try to play a video I often get 'an error
> occurred, please try again later.' However, when I use IE it plays
> fine.
>
> I've used FF for years because of the security holes in IE. However,
> with IE8 MS seems to have addressed those vulnerabilities. When I
> check for exploits, FF seems to have just as many, or nearly as many,
> as IE. And I have to admit I like IE's interface better - it's
> slicker.

*BACKUP* your current Firefox profile, un-install Firefox, then
re-install Firefox and start a NEW profile!! If it worked, restore
bookmarks and other stuff into the new profile!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34
From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
On 6/10/2010 13:39, shegeek72 wrote:
> As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
> to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
> missing plugin.' Then when I hit install I get 'install manually.' So

Is it Flash or Quicktime?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34
^ ^ 15:52:01 up 22 days 19:03 2 users load average: 1.07 1.05 1.01
From: Jon Danniken on
shegeek72 wrote:
> As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
> to IE8.

I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does inline
auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
favorites/bookmarks folder/file.

Jon

From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does inline
> auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.

Firefox is doing it, isn't it?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34
^ ^ 21:18:01 up 23 days 29 min 2 users load average: 1.07 1.02 1.00
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Hello everyone
Next: K-melion - STOP ASKING ME TO UPGRADE