From: Jon Danniken on
Peter wrote:

> I have a computer with IE6 on it and have just turned on inline
> autocomplete, but this doesn't seem to work for those URLs already in
> favorites only when I add a new URL to favorites.
>
> Perhaps it's the same for FF. If you add a new entry in favorites
> perhaps it will show up.

Thanks Peter, tried that, but it still doesn't work.

Jon

From: Nigel Stapley on
Jon Danniken wrote:
> Nigel Stapley wrote:
>> Have you tried this?
>>
>> In the address bar, type 'about:config' (without quote marks) and
>> send.
>> In the filter box, type 'autoc' (again without quotes).
>>
>> Is there an entry called 'browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled'? If so,
>> what is the entry under 'value' (far right)?
>>
>> If it's 'false', right-click on it, then select 'Toggle' from the
>> menu. This should change it to 'true'.
>>
>> Then click on your 'Home' button, then try typing a url in the address
>> bar to see if it auto-completes.
>
> I looked at that value, but it was already set to "True".
>
> browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled - Status=default Type=boolean
> Value=true
>
> I went to the "home" button and started typing in an entry from my imported
> favorites, but I still do not get any inline autocomplete action.
>
> Thanks though.

Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and check what you've got set under
'Location Bar' at the bottom. Mine is set for "When using the location
bar suggest: History and Bookmarks". Try playing about with the settings
there to see if any of them do what you're looking for.

HTH

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.thejudge.me.uk

<reply-to will bounce>
From: Jon Danniken on
Nigel Stapley wrote:

> Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and check what you've got set under
> 'Location Bar' at the bottom. Mine is set for "When using the location
> bar suggest: History and Bookmarks". Try playing about with the
> settings there to see if any of them do what you're looking for.

Hi Nigel, went to Tools - Options - Privacy, and mine was also set to
"History and Bookmarks" as well. I tried to the other three options
(HIstory, Bookmarks, Nothing), but none of them gave me an inline
auto-complete.

Thanks though.

Jon

From: Peter on
In article <huqll4$ojc$1(a)speranza.aioe.org>,
jonSPAMMENOTdanniken(a)yahSPAMhoo.com says...
> shegeek72 wrote:
> > As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
> > to IE8.
>
> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does inline
> auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.
>
> Jon

Actually Jon, IE8 does do this.

--
Pete Ives
From: Jon Danniken on
Peter wrote:
> Jon Danniken wrote:
>> I'm still stuck using IE6.x until I can find a browser that does
>> inline auto-complete from the address bar, using entries from the
>> favorites/bookmarks folder/file.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Actually Jon, IE8 does do this.

Hmmm, everything I have read, from user postings to MSDN blogs tells me
otherwise.

You are currently using IAC - from the address bar - with IE8?

Jon

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Hello everyone
Next: K-melion - STOP ASKING ME TO UPGRADE