From: christianlott1 on
On Jan 21, 5:39 am, my_nick_h...(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm in the planning stages for a new C= O/S. Here are some features ,
> goals, my reasoning, etc. (in scrambled order) ...

What algorithm do you plan to use for memory management?
From: AgentFriday on
Robert! Good to hear from you. I was at CommVex 2009, the guy that
helped you guys load up the gear. Oh, and the one that mentioned
something about doing an O/S. :p Catch you around..
//Steve
From: Michael J. Kerpan on
At 21 Jan 2010 03:39:12 -0800 my_nick_here(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm in the planning stages for a new C= O/S. Here are some features ,
> goals, my reasoning, etc. (in scrambled order) ...

Oh well, it seems like it should be interesting if ever finished. Complex
OSes are certainly possible on 8 bit systems, as Symbos for Z80 and OS9
for 6809 prove, but I'm not really sure if anyone has ever done something
on the scale you propose on th 6502 (which is a much simpler chip than
either the 6809 or the Z80)

Hope to hear about your progress, though.

Mike
From: RobertB on
On Jan 21, 7:26 pm, AgentFriday wrote:

> Robert!  Good to hear from you.

Hey, Steve! I didn't know you frequented
this place. :)

>  I was at CommVex 2009, the guy that
> helped you guys load up the gear.

You can come and help us again at this
year's CommVEx v6 on July 24-25 in Las
Vegas. :)

> Oh, and the one that mentioned
> something about doing an O/S.

Maybe we should have a presentation
on WiNGs in honor of your interest) we
had a Wheels presentation at CommVEx
v4).

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
CommVEx v6 2010 -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum and
click on ComVEX
From: Glenn Holmer on
AgentFriday wrote:
> I've been meaning to check out Lunix, thanks for the nudge. And for
> your thoughts.

+1 re. LUnix
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10