From: rmo555 on
NO!

From: rmo555 on
Thanks - I'll look it up.

From: Fruit2O on
Thanks - this is a great reply. Would you please list some other
suppliers like Sager? I'm not familiar with Sager - and I DO want to
get the best. BTW, why do you say the quad core is not worth it
(besides the reasons you gave)? I would think the speed would be a
great advantage.

From: John Stafford on

Note that Adobe suggests a single processor GPU because Photoshop will
use only one regardless of how many there are.
From: N on

"nsbm" <fac_187(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> First realize that you cannot accurately calibrate a laptop monitor for
> critical printing. If printing is your goal you will need an external
> monitor. Calibration and use of consumer grade LCD panels for color
> managed printing is the most misunderstood topic in digital photography,
> particularly among mac users who do not comprehend how useless their
> machines are for the purpose.

Please explain this in more detail and explain how a laptop LCD differs from
a desktop LCD.