From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Jul 9, 6:29�pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > Many probably are....those with harmonics almost certainly.... although an
>> > egg-shaped star would produce what appears sa harmonic.
>>
>> You seem pretty certain yet you have no direct observational evidence for
>> this. Why's that?
>>

>Hey, at least Henri/Henry/Ralph has shown some progress!
>In the last half dozen years, he's gone from
>"Cepheids are binary systems" to
>"Period noise and amplitude noise don't exist" to
>"Period noise and amplitude noise implies scintillation" to
>"Secular period changes don't exist" to
>"Secular period changes are extinction effects" to
>"RU Cam resulted from the star moving beyond the extinction distance"
>"RU Cam must have resulted from a third star entering the system" to
>"Duh, the residual period of RU Cam is still the same?" to
>"OK, OK, secular period changes are real" to
>"Yeah, Polaris and other Cepheids also show evolution" to
>"Cepheids with bumps are ternary systems" to
>"How do YOU know that ternary systems can't be so stable?" to
>"Hey, Smarty! I've programmed an orbital dynamics simulator" to
>"Gee whiz, I can't model a stable ternary system with my simulator" to
>"Well, maybe SOME Cepheids, those with bumps, are pulsators" to
>"Androcles, I'm NOT being a traitor for admitting the possibility" to
>"Most Cepheids are pulsators"

Those are not my statements. What are you trying to achieve?

>That's more progress than Androcles or Seto or Porat or...
>
>Jerry

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
> <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Jul 9, 6:29 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> You seem pretty certain yet you have no direct observational evidence
>>> for this. Why's that?
>>>

>>Hey, at least Henri/Henry/Ralph has shown some progress!
>>In the last half dozen years, he's gone from
>>"Cepheids are binary systems" to
>>"Period noise and amplitude noise don't exist" to
>>"Period noise and amplitude noise implies scintillation" to
>>"Secular period changes don't exist" to
>>"Secular period changes are extinction effects" to
>>"RU Cam resulted from the star moving beyond the extinction distance"
>>"RU Cam must have resulted from a third star entering the system" to
>>"Duh, the residual period of RU Cam is still the same?" to
>>"OK, OK, secular period changes are real" to
>>"Yeah, Polaris and other Cepheids also show evolution" to
>>"Cepheids with bumps are ternary systems" to
>>"How do YOU know that ternary systems can't be so stable?" to
>>"Hey, Smarty! I've programmed an orbital dynamics simulator" to
>>"Gee whiz, I can't model a stable ternary system with my simulator" to
>>"Well, maybe SOME Cepheids, those with bumps, are pulsators" to
>>"Androcles, I'm NOT being a traitor for admitting the possibility" to
>>"Most Cepheids are pulsators"
>
> Those are not my statements. What are you trying to achieve?

Do you also deny posting forged degrees in response to me?

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:49:18 -0700, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>> <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>> Those are not my statements. What are you trying to achieve?
>
>Do you also deny posting forged degrees in response to me?

Do you deny having the intelligence of a baboon?

From: Jerry on
On Jul 10, 5:28 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), Jerry

> >Hey, at least Henri/Henry/Ralph has shown some progress!
> >In the last half dozen years, he's gone from
> >"Cepheids are binary systems" to
> >"Period noise and amplitude noise don't exist" to
> >"Period noise and amplitude noise implies scintillation" to
> >"Secular period changes don't exist" to
> >"Secular period changes are extinction effects" to
> >"RU Cam resulted from the star moving beyond the extinction distance"
> >"RU Cam must have resulted from a third star entering the system" to
> >"Duh, the residual period of RU Cam is still the same?" to
> >"OK, OK, secular period changes are real" to
> >"Yeah, Polaris and other Cepheids also show evolution" to
> >"Cepheids with bumps are ternary systems" to
> >"How do YOU know that ternary systems can't be so stable?" to
> >"Hey, Smarty! I've programmed an orbital dynamics simulator" to
> >"Gee whiz, I can't model a stable ternary system with my simulator" to
> >"Well, maybe SOME Cepheids, those with bumps, are pulsators" to
> >"Androcles, I'm NOT being a traitor for admitting the possibility" to
> >"Most Cepheids are pulsators"
>
> Those are not my statements. What are you trying to achieve?

No, those are not direct quotes, but they capture the essence
of some of your changed beliefs over the years.

I forgot to mention that when I first started corresponding
with you, you held the position
"Cepheid periods are so regular and steady that you can set a
clock by them"

Why are you complaining? -YOU- regularly make up absolutely
ridiculous made up nonsense quotes and ascribe them to Einstein.
I on the other hand have tried to document your changed beliefs
with some degree of accuracy.

Do you deny that you at one time or another have held the
various utterly mistaken beliefs that I have ascribed to you?

Do you claim, for instance, to have been successful in modeling
a ternary system with three closely interacting bodies of
comparable mass, such as would be necessary to model a bump
Cepheid?

Jerry
From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:49:18 -0700, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:02:27 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>>> <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> Those are not my statements. What are you trying to achieve?
>>
>>Do you also deny posting forged degrees in response to me?
>
> Do you deny having the intelligence of a baboon?

Why did you post forged degrees, Henry?