From: Jerry on
On Jul 15, 3:42 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Jerry wrote:
> > On Jul 14, 1:28 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> >> the reason that there are far more eclipse type brightness curves than
> >> regular flares should be obvious. There are many genuinely eclipsing
> >> binaries!
>
> > Yeah... like approximately 100% of them...
>
> > Jerry
>
> I like how Henry can't even name one star he believes supports his opinion.
>
> I wonder why Henry even talks to me. I've been harassing him for years about
> his forged degrees and he just refuses to acknowledge it. It is obviously a
> sore spot for him.

As you might know, I do not get any delight in using harsh
language with Henri. The occasional laughter, the mockery, are
all just tools that might eventually force him to confront reality.
Mostly I use logic at a level that he can comprehend, even if he
refuses to accept.

In the last half-dozen years or so since I began corresponding
with him, he's been forced to change his position significantly.
His position is no longer "Cepheid are orbiting binaries" but
rather "Most Cepheids are pulsators, but the light curves are
BaTh effects". Likewise, he no longer states, "eclipsing binary
curves are strictly BaTh effects" but rather, "although most
eclipsing binaries are in fact eclipsing systems, a fraction of
them are non-eclipsing systems in which the periodic dips in
luminosity are due to BaTh effects".

Eventually he may come to realize that BaTh is not needed to
explain anything. He "knows" that he can't be wrong, but he sees
the world slipping under his feet.

His powers of denial are still formidable, however.

Jerry

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 06:28:50 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Jul 15, 3:42�am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jerry wrote:

>> > Yeah... like approximately 100% of them...
>>
>> > Jerry
>>
>> I like how Henry can't even name one star he believes supports his opinion.
>>
>> I wonder why Henry even talks to me. I've been harassing him for years about
>> his forged degrees and he just refuses to acknowledge it. It is obviously a
>> sore spot for him.
>
>As you might know, I do not get any delight in using harsh
>language with Henri. The occasional laughter, the mockery, are
>all just tools that might eventually force him to confront reality.
>Mostly I use logic at a level that he can comprehend, even if he
>refuses to accept.
>
>In the last half-dozen years or so since I began corresponding
>with him, he's been forced to change his position significantly.
>His position is no longer "Cepheid are orbiting binaries" but
>rather "Most Cepheids are pulsators, but the light curves are
>BaTh effects". Likewise, he no longer states, "eclipsing binary
>curves are strictly BaTh effects" but rather, "although most
>eclipsing binaries are in fact eclipsing systems, a fraction of
>them are non-eclipsing systems in which the periodic dips in
>luminosity are due to BaTh effects".
>
>Eventually he may come to realize that BaTh is not needed to
>explain anything. He "knows" that he can't be wrong, but he sees
>the world slipping under his feet.
>
>His powers of denial are still formidable, however.

...........Pathetic....

>Jerry

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: eric gisse on
Jerry wrote:
[...]

> Eventually he may come to realize that BaTh is not needed to
> explain anything. He "knows" that he can't be wrong, but he sees
> the world slipping under his feet.

I've always been merely satisfied with his simple inability to calculate
anything.

Q: 'What's the functional form of your acceleration doppler, Henri?
A: 'shut up eric'

Q: 'Could you show us the derivation of Mercury's perihelion advance using
whatever explanation you are using this week?'
A: 'Do it for me'

Lather, rinse, repeat.

From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
[...]

> ..........Pathetic....

The great Henry Wilson, reduced to one line sniping because he can't deal
with what's being said.

What a formidable figure in his own mind.

[...]
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:49:10 -0700, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Jerry wrote:
>[...]
>
>> Eventually he may come to realize that BaTh is not needed to
>> explain anything. He "knows" that he can't be wrong, but he sees
>> the world slipping under his feet.
>
>I've always been merely satisfied with his simple inability to calculate
>anything.
>
>Q: 'What's the functional form of your acceleration doppler, Henri?
>A: 'shut up eric'
>
>Q: 'Could you show us the derivation of Mercury's perihelion advance using
>whatever explanation you are using this week?'
>A: 'Do it for me'
>
>Lather, rinse, repeat.

Gawd! At least poor old Jerry has an excuse for his dementia....but not you....