From: Jerry on
On Jul 11, 5:27 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> I didn't say all cepheids were orbiting stars. I said many of them COULD BE.
> The same applies to 'eclipsing' stars...although here, I would say the majority
> are just STARS with a large orbiting planet in a moderately elliptical orbit..

Likewise, if you believe that eclipsing binaries are just large
orbiting planets in moderately elliptical orbits with yaw angles
around 0, where are all of the examples with yaw angles around 180?

NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!
NAME ONE!

What magical principles of physics prevent stellar systems from
adopting most possible combinations of yaw and eccentricity with
respect to little ol' earth?

Wake up, Ralph!

There ARE no such magical principles of physics!

The BaTh explanation of stellar luminosity curves is RABBIDGE!!!

(whoops, I meant to say "garbage")

Jerry
From: Jerry on
On Jul 13, 9:03 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>
> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> >> All possible configurations are there for anyone who cares to look......but high
> >> eccentricities are not particularly common. The variables of most interest are
> >> cepheids and eclipsing binaries.
>
> >Most of your predicted luminosity curves DO NOT EXIST.
>
> >You can try to prove me wrong by providing ONE example of
> >a periodic burster (the converse of an eclipsing binary).
>
> They are called 'flare stars'. Quite common.

Oh, you are utterly PATHETIC.

Flare stars are aperiodic or quasi-periodic.

There are NONE, ZERO, ZIP with regular, equal magnitude
flares equivalent to the regular luminosity dips of eclipsing
binaries.

YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!

Jerry

From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
> <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>>> All possible configurations are there for anyone who cares to
>>> look.....but high eccentricities are not particularly common. The
>>> variables of most interest are cepheids and eclipsing binaries.
>>
>>Most of your predicted luminosity curves DO NOT EXIST.
>>
>>You can try to prove me wrong by providing ONE example of
>>a periodic burster (the converse of an eclipsing binary).
>
> They are called 'flare stars'. Quite common.

Name one that you believe is satisfactory.

Name it, don't just wave your hand.

[...]
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Jul 13, 9:03�pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>>
>> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>> >Most of your predicted luminosity curves DO NOT EXIST.
>>
>> >You can try to prove me wrong by providing ONE example of
>> >a periodic burster (the converse of an eclipsing binary).
>>
>> They are called 'flare stars'. Quite common.
>
>Oh, you are utterly PATHETIC.
>
>Flare stars are aperiodic or quasi-periodic.
>
>There are NONE, ZERO, ZIP with regular, equal magnitude
>flares equivalent to the regular luminosity dips of eclipsing
>binaries.

Then I suggest you go out and look for some.

>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!
>YOU HAVE FAILED AGAIN!

Hardly.
What percentage of stars have highly elliptical orbits?

>Jerry

Henry Wilson...

........Einstein's Relativity...The religion that worships negative space.
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 01:09:40 -0700, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:59:33 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>> <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>>>Most of your predicted luminosity curves DO NOT EXIST.
>>>
>>>You can try to prove me wrong by providing ONE example of
>>>a periodic burster (the converse of an eclipsing binary).
>>
>> They are called 'flare stars'. Quite common.
>
>Name one that you believe is satisfactory.
>
>Name it, don't just wave your hand.

the reason that there are far more eclipse type brightness curves than regular
flares should be obvious. There are many genuinely eclipsing binaries!