From: bugbear on
MC wrote:
> bugbear wrote:
>
>> mmyvusenet wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I
>>> took this photo:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
>>>
>>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>> The sky is washed out, the background is cluttered,
>> the flag is too central, there's little context
>> to make this "Independence Day" as opposed to any-old-day,
>> and the draping of the flag looks static and dull.
>>
>> BugBear
>
> You could have saved all that and just said it was awful. However, for
> the sake of being constructive... you were spot on... plus it's awful.

A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
comments he's had over the year, and act on them.

Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
were st the start.

BugBear
From: DanP on
On Jul 29, 11:34 am, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u....(a)la.poste.net> wrote:
> On 29/07/2010 11:08, DanP wrote:
>

> > On Jul 29, 2:48 am, "mmyvusenet"<mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid>  wrote:
> >> Hello:
>
> >> Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I took this
> >> photo:
>
> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
>
> >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> >> --
> >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com
>
> > I cannot see it clear, is it the Canadian flag?
>
> > DanP
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Peru
>
> --
> Bertrand

Teasing, it is Peru independence day afterall.
From that angle it looks the same as the Canadian one.

DanP
From: Ofnuts on
On 29/07/2010 13:36, bugbear wrote:
> MC wrote:
>> bugbear wrote:

>>> The sky is washed out, the background is cluttered,
>>> the flag is too central, there's little context
>>> to make this "Independence Day" as opposed to any-old-day,
>>> and the draping of the flag looks static and dull.
>>>
>>> BugBear
>>
>> You could have saved all that and just said it was awful. However, for
>> the sake of being constructive... you were spot on... plus it's awful.
>
> A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
> comments he's had over the year, and act on them.
>
> Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
> were st the start.

Not really... one year ago, we also got pictures of that flag. The first
one was appalling. Following suggestions here, it was re-shot and
evolved into something much better. This year, this first shot is
already better than last year's first (though not as good at last year's
last).

--
Bertrand
From: MC on
Ofnuts wrote:

> On 29/07/2010 13:36, bugbear wrote:
> > MC wrote:

> > > You could have saved all that and just said it was awful.
> > > However, for the sake of being constructive... you were spot
> > > on... plus it's awful.
> >
> > A keep hoping the OP will read the helpful, detailed
> > comments he's had over the year, and act on them.
> >
> > Hasn't happened yet - his photos are as bad as they
> > were st the start.
>
> Not really... one year ago, we also got pictures of that flag. The
> first one was appalling. Following suggestions here, it was re-shot
> and evolved into something much better. This year, this first shot is
> already better than last year's first (though not as good at last
> year's last).

Which only shows he is pressing the shutter and hoping for the best.
He certainly is not thinking before taking his photographs. He is
neither taking care technically nor artistically and definately seems
to ignore advice. He is just like any other snapper, taking hundreds
of photos hoping one might just turn out good enough to put on his
flickr page.

MC
From: George Kerby on

On 7/29/10 4:08 AM, in article
22699b31-0ff2-470d-ab84-f8e8ecd6fc57(a)y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, "DanP"
<dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2:48�am, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> Today is the Independence Day in Peru, and in this opportunity I took this
>> photo:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4839458992/
>>
>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>
>> --
>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com
>
> I cannot see it clear, is it the Canadian flag?
>
> DanP

That would be "Boxing Day", right?