From: Eric Babula on
Steve Cutchen <maxfaq(a)earthlink.net> wrote in

> I started right where you are, but with a much inferior camera. When
> my daughter was 14, her team won a Junior Olympic Bronze Medal. That
> same year, we finished third in the Cajunland tournament in New
> Orleans; the same convention center where the carnage took place in
> the wake of Katrina. That was a sobering sight, because we remembered
> it with such fond memories.
>
> She is now finished with her Junior year in HS. Club is over for us.
> And we have one more year of school ball. I also played when younger,
> and know the game well, so it has been something we could really
> share. Club and school ball have been a blast. Have fun with it!

Thanks for all the help, Steve!

This is my 13-year old's second year of club. Last year, her team took
the Bronze Medal at the Badger Regional Championships. We're hoping for
even better things out of them, this year! They're starting to get more
aggressive, and hitting more - it's exciting to see! My daughter, for
now, is an outside hitter.

This is my 11-year old's first year of club - she made the 12s team.
She's also trying to be an outside hitter. Third shortest kid of the two
12s teams, but she's determined not to be pegged in the setter spot -
"I'm an outside hitter, daddy!" Ok, you go for it, girlie!

Which one is your daughter in all those pics? Isn't it fun seeing your
kids love and excel in a sport that you also love? We all play as a
family, now. We have a net up in our back yard, and play almost every day
during the summer!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA