From: Yousuf Khan on
Rod Speed wrote:
>> You assume that this PC was popular enough to try such advanced tricks such as Ghost.
>
> Nope, assuming nothing, JUST that someone is likely to have
> tried to get some bootable CD to boot on that and that HP is
> likely to have documented the fact that it can only boot their
> recovery CD if that is in fact the case, when they went out of
> their way to write a decent document that covers all the likely
> things that can happen to a CD in that system.

The only thing HP is likely to have suggested is to go to their website
a buy a new system.

Yousuf Khan
From: Rod Speed on
Yousuf Khan <bbbl67(a)yahoo.com> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> You assume that this PC was popular enough to try such advanced tricks such as Ghost.

>> Nope, assuming nothing, JUST that someone is likely to have
>> tried to get some bootable CD to boot on that and that HP is
>> likely to have documented the fact that it can only boot their
>> recovery CD if that is in fact the case, when they went out of
>> their way to write a decent document that covers all the likely
>> things that can happen to a CD in that system.

> The only thing HP is likely to have suggested is to go to their website a buy a new
> system.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff.

From: jack on
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: Yousuf Khan <bbbl67(a)yahoo.com> wrote
:: Rod Speed wrote
:
<snip>
: Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff.

Ah yes, more pearls of wisdom from the resident troll and village
idiot....lucky us.

j.

From: Yousuf Khan on
George Macdonald wrote:
> There were early El Torito BIOS implementations which only worked with
> "floppy emulation" boot mode and vice versa. I definitely recall a system
> which would boot from emulation CDs but not with Microsoft OS bootable CDs
> - this seems to be the converse case. If all else fails you could always
> try a boot manager

I was able to make one CD that is bootable on this computer. I used
Nero's built-in boot cd creator which uses DR-DOS as its boot os. This
seems to be of the floppy emulation variety. It produces two partitions
on the CD with a small boot partition containing mainly the DR-DOS
kernel and utilities (A:). The second partition contains the remaining
data (D:).

This also seems to be the format of the Windows 95 recovery cd that HP
provided. You see both a drive A: and a drive D: when this CD boots up.

Yousuf Khan
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: M766LRT MB with PIII600E Slot 1