From: REash on
Quick question....I keep getting the following error after my LabVIEW
7.1 program has been running for a while:

"Error -1073807300 occurred at agn330xa Initialize With Options.vi

Possible reasons(s):

Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF003C)   Primary Error:  (Hex 0xBFFF003C)
Insufficient system resources to perform

necessary memory allocation."

It varies on which instrument's driver it occurs on, but it alway seems
to occur on the initialization VIs after my program

loops back through itself a few times.  This error causes me to close
out LabVIEW completely before my program will run again.

I am closing out the VISA sessions after each of my tests for all
instruments used in that test.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Ryan
From: Dennis Knutson on
The only driver I found for that instrument is an IVI one. Are all of your drivers IVI or is it just this one? When you do the close, are you just using a VISA Close or are you using the Close function in the driver? If you are using VISA Close, replace it with the driver close function.
Also, what version of VISA and the IVI Compliance Driver are you using?
From: Dennis Knutson on
We've only go a couple of testers with a single IVI controlled instrument and I'm pretty sure those are the versions being used. The latest versions are 4.0 vof VISA and 2.5 for the compliance package. You could try upgrading but I have no  idea if that would fix the problem. You could also post your program (or a small example) that demonstrates the problem. Maybe someone can see something in the code.

I'm pretty careful about closing IVI references but regular VISA ones haven't been a problem in a few years. It used to be that VISA Open would create a new refnum each time it was called, but now it just reuses a reference if one is already open.Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-07-2006 12:56 PM
From: REash on
I am using the drivers' close functions for all instruments.  I have a few of each type of driver.  Like I said though, it's not just one set of instrument drivers that I'm getting the error on.  The other one I've been getting the error on a lot is for a Xantrex XFR Series Power Supply.
I am using VISA version 3.3, and the IVI Compliance Package 2.1.
From: REash on
I will upgrade to VISA 4.0 and IVI 2.3 now (it says I need a new version of NI-Spy to go to 2.5).
I can't post the code, because it is much too large for posting.  It is around 20MB.
This is getting annoying because my program is complete and working fine, except for these errors, which are a
big killer.

Is there some way within LabVIEW to release all resources being used by all VISA instances?

I'll let you know if the upgrades help.Message Edited by REash on 12-07-2006 02:18 PM