From: Tony Girgenti on
Hello.

I want to develop a VB6 program to convert a .TIF file to a .JPG file.

Is that possible using VB6?

Thanks,
Tony
From: Ralph on

"Tony Girgenti" <tony(nospam)@lakesideos.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I want to develop a VB6 program to convert a .TIF file to a .JPG file.
>
> Is that possible using VB6?
>
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Not a 100% sure about what you are asking.

You can certainly create a VB6 application to do this, however, VB6 (Visual
Basic Windows Development platform) doesn't include much in the way of
native libraries to do such conversions (although some controls can
utililize several formats).

You need to research the Web for a 3rd party component. You should find a
number of solutions - some free, some quite pricey.

hth
-ralph

From: Tony Girgenti on
Thanks Ralph.

I thought that would be the case. I guess i can't do it just using VB6
resources.

Thanks,
Tony

From: Paul Clement on
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:02:01 -0800, Tony Girgenti <tony(nospam)@lakesideos.com>
wrote:

� Hello.

� I want to develop a VB6 program to convert a .TIF file to a .JPG file.

� Is that possible using VB6?

� Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

� Thanks,
� Tony

It's pretty easy to do in Visual Basic .NET but I'm not aware of any code
solutions in Classic VB that don't implement a third-party component (and the
Kodak Imaging libraries are no longer included in Windows).

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Larry Serflaten on

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote

> It's pretty easy to do in Visual Basic .NET but I'm not aware of any code
> solutions in Classic VB that don't implement a third-party component (and the
> Kodak Imaging libraries are no longer included in Windows).

Trolliing just comes naturally for you, doesn't it?

<g>
LFS