From: Paul Clement on
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:07:36 -0000, "Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

� > Then why did you post a Windows API solution? >

� The more stupid things you say, Clement, the clearer it becomes that you are
� a troll.

� Mike

What is clear is that it was a simple question and the best reply you could muster was to call
someone a name. :-(

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Mike Williams on
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message

> � > Then why did you post a Windows API solution?
> �
> � The more stupid things you say, Clement, the clearer it
> � becomes that you are a troll.

> What is clear is that it was a simple question and the
> best reply you could muster was to call someone a name

You really are a foolish boy, Clement. Using Windows APIs with VB6 is
perfectly natural and virtually everybody who
is using VB6, as was the OP, and who asks how to perform a specific task in
VB6, as did the OP, would be perfectly happy to accept a solution that
requires them to call some API functions from VB6. Such a solution is
perfectly sensible. Your own suggested solution however, which was to advise
the OP to use a completely different development platform simply because you
did not have sufficient knowledge to provide him with a real answer, is the
mark of an idiot. You are both an idiot and a troll, Clement. And the act of
saying that is not "calling someone names", as you so childishly put it, it
is simply a statement of fact.

Mike

From: Wolfgang Enzinger on
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:10:19 -0600, Paul Clement wrote:

>In the mean time I will continue to help Classic VB developers, [...]

That was a good laugh, thank you.
From: Rick Rothstein on
> That said, no one is forcing you to use .NET. I suggest it as an option
> because ultimately Classic
> VB will not be one. In the mean time I will continue to help Classic VB
> developers, and that may
> mean suggesting Visual Basic .NET interop solutions. Sorry.

This is going to sound a lot harsher than I mean it to be (so I apologize in
advance), but that is a ridiculous statement to make (in defense of your
initial posting to this thread I presume) within this thread given the OP
**plainly** stated in the Subject and **unequivocally repeated** in the body
of his message that he was looking for a VB6 solution. Please enlighten us
as to how you could possibly construe that to mean "please tell me about
non-VB6 solutions that may exist which could answer my question"?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 00:18:12 +0100, Wolfgang Enzinger
<usenet200812(a)temporaryforwarding.com> wrote:

� On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:10:19 -0600, Paul Clement wrote:

� >In the mean time I will continue to help Classic VB developers, [...]

� That was a good laugh, thank you.

No problem. Was that your contribution for the month of March? ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)