From: Henning on
The single-line code has been split to several lines without the
line-continuationchar "_" underscore.

/Henning

From: Tony Girgenti on
Hello Henning.

I don't think so. It is only one line in the code. It only displays like
that in this post, I guess because this editor is wrapping it. The line
before and the line after are Public Declare lines also.

Thanks,
Tony

From: Henning on
Hmmm, at least mine looks like this:

' Tone mapping operators (p. 34 to 35)
'*** This is a single line
Public Declare Function FreeImage_ToneMapping Lib "FreeImage.dll" Alias
"_FreeImage_ToneMapping(a)24" ( _
'*** End of first single line
ByVal dib As Long, _
ByVal tmo As FREE_IMAGE_TMO, _
Optional ByVal first_param As Double = 0, _
Optional ByVal second_param As Double = 0) As Long

All lines have a " _" at the end, for line continuation.

From: Nobody on
"Tony Girgenti" <tony(nospam)@lakesideos.com> wrote in message
> Hello Karl.
>
> I downloaded and tried to use FreeImage. There is a VB test project there
> but when i try to execute it from the VB 6 IDE, i gives the error "Compile
> Error: Expected list separator or)" on this line:
>
> Public Declare Function FreeImage_ToneMapping Lib "FreeImage.dll" Alias
> "_FreeImage_ToneMapping(a)20" (ByVal dib As Long, UNKNOWN tmo As
> FREE_IMAGE_TMO, Optional ByVal first_param As Double = 0, Optional ByVal
> second_param As Double = 0) As Long

"UNKNOWN tmo As" is invalid above. One would expect ByVal or ByRef instead
of "UNKNOWN". See the declaration that Henning posted.

From: Tony Girgenti on
Hello Henning and Nobody.

I'm not sure of what you guys are trying to tell me. I just downloaded what
i found at FreeImage.SourceForge.Net on the recommendation of the repliers to
my question.

It's supposed to work in VB6 right? There are no instructions on how to use
the .DLL or the wrapper. I have no idea of what a wrapper is.

Thanks,
Tony