From: Mike Williams on

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message

> Seems there's always an objection when .NET
> is even mentioned as a suggested option.

The OP did NOT post his question on the VB.Net group. He posted it here.
Also, he SPECIFICALLY asked for a VB6 solution. You are a troll, Clement,
and you are a disgrace as an MVP.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on

> � He didn't ask that, troll! He posted to the Classic VB
> � newsgroup and he specifically asked for a VB6 solution.
>
> That's up to him to decide, not you.

He already DID decide! He SPECIFICALLY asked for a VB6 solution in the very
post to which you were responding. You really are a stupid little boy,
Clement!

Troll.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message

> I'm just one of many MVPs. I don't have that much power
> over the program, but thanks for the thought anyway. ;-)

I will say it again, Clement, you are a stupid little boy. The inference in
my statement was quite clear. The suggestion was that Micro$oft are in a
position to wield influence over YOU, not that you have power over them! You
are an idiot as well as a troll. What I do know for a fact is that the
people who from time to time troll in this group and attempt to coerce
people into moving to VB.Net have amongst their number a massively greater
percentage of MVPs than you will find in the general population of the MS
groups.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on
"mscir" <mscirocco(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > It's free. Download at:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a332a77a-01b...

>Very nice solution, register one dll and their
> sample program works perfectly.

Yes, it does look quite useful, and it seems to require less code that the
various VB6 GDI+ code examples at http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/t98285.html
and the main example worked fine on my own system, which already had a much
later verion of wiaaut.dll. The only thing I can't quite see (referring to
the small example that is supposed to acquire an image) is where does that
WIACtl.CommonDialog come from?

Mike

From: Paul Clement on
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:35:49 -0000, "Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

� > Seems there's always an objection when .NET
� > is even mentioned as a suggested option.

� The OP did NOT post his question on the VB.Net group. He posted it here.
� Also, he SPECIFICALLY asked for a VB6 solution. You are a troll, Clement,
� and you are a disgrace as an MVP.

� Mike

Doesn't really matter. Not all functionality in an application is developed in the environment or
programming language you are using. It certainly isn't in the case of GDI (as you suggested) and in
many instances it isn't the case with ActiveX components (such as WIA). But if you can use
technologies as extensions from VB then it's certainly fair to mention them.

Ironically, the only time you object is when it's Visual Basic .NET. Sounds like your objections are
rampant with double-standard and credibility issues. ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)