From: Charles on
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=34625084

From: Bruce on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:31:14 -0500, "Charles"
<charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=34625084

The zoo is perfectly entitled to ask for the images not to be made
printable. The rights to images taken on private land rest with the
landowner unless the landowner expressly grants image rights to a
photographer.

A visitor to the zoo will not have had those rights granted to them.
However, they will normally be entitled to make images for their own
personal use.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-24 14:31:14 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:

> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=34625084

LA Zoo probably has a desk jockey searching all the photo sharing sites
for references to the LA Zoo. When they find them, they send out the
threat e-mail.
It seems the solution, is not to tag the shots, or label the gallery
"LA Zoo", or reference the zoo in any way. Just call them "Vacation
shots", "Incarcerated Animals" or "Animal Excursion 2010", I doubt the
Zoo image police will even find them.

Problem solved.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: LOL! on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:37:12 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-02-24 14:31:14 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:
>
>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=34625084
>
>LA Zoo probably has a desk jockey searching all the photo sharing sites
>for references to the LA Zoo. When they find them, they send out the
>threat e-mail.
>It seems the solution, is not to tag the shots, or label the gallery
>"LA Zoo", or reference the zoo in any way. Just call them "Vacation
>shots", "Incarcerated Animals" or "Animal Excursion 2010", I doubt the
>Zoo image police will even find them.
>
>Problem solved.

Is that what you do for all your "safari" snapshots? Your camera probably
got pinched at a nearby zoo but you were too embarrassed to tell anyone.

LOL!

From: Atheist Chaplain on
"LOL!" <lol(a)lol.org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:37:12 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-02-24 14:31:14 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:
>>
>>> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=34625084
>>
>>LA Zoo probably has a desk jockey searching all the photo sharing sites
>>for references to the LA Zoo. When they find them, they send out the
>>threat e-mail.
>>It seems the solution, is not to tag the shots, or label the gallery
>>"LA Zoo", or reference the zoo in any way. Just call them "Vacation
>>shots", "Incarcerated Animals" or "Animal Excursion 2010", I doubt the
>>Zoo image police will even find them.
>>
>>Problem solved.
>
> Is that what you do for all your "safari" snapshots? Your camera probably
> got pinched at a nearby zoo but you were too embarrassed to tell anyone.
>
> LOL!

Well at least we have seen some of his shots
I won't hold my breath waiting for any of your showing up in the near
future.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]